RealDeal Prop/ xb2003??

tharris003

Does anyone have or know of anyone that has run a realdeal prop on an 2003? I ran one my old gambler and it was the best prop I'd ever tried. Just wondering how it would be on Ally, cause I know they're totally different boats. Any info would be great..

RedAllison

Oh is that another name for the "FnR" prop or is this a totally different wheel?

:at the bar
RA

Blueally XB21

Red,
Real Deal Propellers is the name (was the name) of the company. It's now called Hydrodynamics now (I think). They are the designer and distributer of the FnR props. He does all of Lee's prop and lower unit work, I beleive his name is Robbie Patterson? Good folks to deal with. I think they are still listed as Real Deal on Sandersons web page though.

tharris003,
I am currently running an FnR on my XB21, it's a great all around prop but is not the fastest one I have run. It carries a load very well. With that said I have never run one on a 2003 hull so I really don't know anything to help there.

Hope this helps.

Harvey

tharris003

Here is a picture of one off of Sanderson Marine Website,(I hope you don't mind Lee)... Robbie is who I dealt with when I bought the one for my gambler. The best way I can explain it is that two blades are like a tempest and two blades are like a trophy. I hope that makes since I just know there good props and Robbie is excellent to deal with.. I have one for speed was thinking more along the lines of tournament loads and a lot of "tight" river fishing??? The lift and load capacity is what amazed me way better than trophy or Powertech tr4.. I've seen where some run cut trophy's just thought this might be a better option..

Harvey,

Thanks for the post, any info is always helpful..

Thanks,
Tommy

Attachments

Blueally XB21

Tommy,
I don't know if Robbie has got the FnR back in production yet. Last time I talked to him he was having a few quality control problems and he sent some back to his supplier because they didn't pass his specs. He is very meticulous to detail and wants to sell the best product possible. It's worth a call to check out. If it's not right he want sell it or he will make it right, super guy to do bussiness with.

Also, as many can tell you here, Hydromotive props are a great option for Allisons. Todd is a great guy to do bussiness with as well. Hydromotive props are durable and carry loads well too. Todd has a good reputation for propping the boat to your needs and knows a great deal about Allisons.

IMO, Robbie and Todd are both good options for top of line props.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Harvey

FASSBASS

Red,
Real Deal Propellers is the name (was the name) of the company. It's now called Hydrodynamics now (I think). They are the designer and distributer of the FnR props. He does all of Lee's prop and lower unit work, I beleive his name is Robbie Patterson? Good folks to deal with. I think they are still listed as Real Deal on Sandersons web page though.

tharris003,
I am currently running an FnR on my XB21, it's a great all around prop but is not the fastest one I have run. It carries a load very well. With that said I have never run one on a 2003 hull so I really don't know anything to help there.

Hope this helps.

Harvey
When Robbie bought the prop buisness from Lee the buisness was named Propeller Dynamics. Robbies fishing partner, Heath ran the FnR on his 03/225pm so I am sure he can tell you more. Currently they are working with a new foundry trying to get the prop back in production. Robbie and Lee are very dedicated to their work and making sure customers are happy is their number one priority.

Ron

Blueally XB21

Ron, thanks for clearifing the name of the company and history.
Also, I agree 100 percent, they are first class folks to deal with. I got great service from them and Robbie wanted to make sure I was totally happy with my purchase (which I am by the way).

I am waiting for Lee to share the details on the Florida test that BWB article had. The article didn't give much detail as to what prop, setup, and actual speeds, etc.

Lee, can you share with us the details?

Thanks,
Harvey

tharris003

Harvey,
After you mentioned Todd as well as Robbie, I started reading some other post and Todd's name kept popping up and the Quad IV did as well, so I ended up calling Todd at Hydromotive this morning. He is setting me up with a Quad IV O/T 26".. I'll keep ya'll posted when it arrives. Also, Thanks to everyone for all the post and information that was shared.

Thanks,
Tommy

Blueally XB21

Good luck Tommy. I don't think you could go wrong with either Todd (Hydromotive) or Robbie (Real Deal). Both have an outstanding reputation and are first class folks.

Let us know how it turns out.

Harvey

props4u2

Just to clarify a few things.
My wife Donna and myself started Sanderson Propeller in 1984, Robbie came to work for us in 1990 or 1991 as an apprentence. In 1994 we started selling Allison boats then in 1999 we purchased our present location and took on two more boat lines. In 2001 Robbie took over the prop and lower unit housing repair side of the business as Donna & I were streaching ourselves out way to thin with boat & prop sales and Mercury outboard service. After a few years Robbie renamed the business to Propeller Dynamics to make a name for himself. Robbie and I both still set up boats, sometimes we do them together, sometimes not, just depends on what's going on at the time. When Robbie came up with the Fish n Race prop idea, he and I started a business together called Real Deal Propeller, as everyone knows we have had a nightmare with the manufacturing process of this prop. After 3 1/2 yrs. of being jerked around by one manufacturer, the master props are now with another manufacturer that says they can produce the props to our specs.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Lee

Blueally XB21

Thanks Lee, I know Robbie is a great person to deal with. Looking forward to the FnR's being back in production.

Harvey

tharris003

Thanks for the information Lee, I sent you a PM when I started this thread and didn't hear back and then someone said the FNR wasn't back in production yet, and many were saying on these boards that the hydromotive was good on the 2003's, so I went with that to see what they're like. I bought an FNR from Robbie about 1 1/2 ago and the engine was bought from Sanderson Marine and he remebered the setup and the boat and he was right on time picking the right prop for me, that is why I was wanting to go back with him originally. I will definitely keep ya'll in mind for future reference.

Thanks, Tommy

tharris003

Just an update to the prop situation, I went with the 26" Quad O/T, and Todd hit it right on the money.... I finally got a chance to run it at Seminole with full load 82 so far still learning how to drive it though so not top speed yet, the prop is a perfect match for the xb2003 carries a load good and drives smooth as silk compared to the other prop I was running.. THANKS Todd!!!!