prop stress on 200 coned carrier?

whipper

TBuck2003

Great info thankyou for explaining that to me Todd.:beer: So basicly 4 blades need more power to turn hence the pitch down method for running 4 blades over three with outboards. You loose around 200 rpm going to a 4 blade over a three in the same pitch?

Todd what do you think about running a smaller 4 blade over running a taller 3 blade as far as carrier or shaft wear? Would it depend on the regular hight your running the prop shaft at? What's easier on the prop shaft and carrier at even or above the pad regardless of gearcase type for an outboard, 3 or 4 blade you think?
I would not say you will lose 200 revs by simply going to a 4 blade from a three blade. In some it might. Whipper I would say that would be very tough to determine which would be tougher on the carrier. That might depend solely on the prop choice, and blade style.

whipper

Gotcha. I can see that because the 4 blades or 3 blades all use 100% thrust weather its 25% per blade or 33% per blade. Back in the day I know the weight of earlier 4 blades pitch down because of there was a loss of rpm from the extra weight but that was just a general rule.
Advancements in props such as yours discount that theory. I guess its so hard to make apples to apples when there's so many ways to turn good props into great. With all equipment as long as one takes care of theirs and does there safety checks, breakdowns are reduced but never imposable. And as mentioned earlier you could always beef up the internals if ones concerned with it. You make sense with few words grasshopper unlike me.:beer:

{its been a LOOOONGGGG WINTER up hear I must have cabin fever and to much to say!!}:laughing

Last edited: