Prop for Grandsport with Promax?

whipper

American your prop was a T-3X. This is the prop that Todd runs most of the time on his Allisons also accually. We all understand you dont know Todd that fine. Just pointing out we do as others have said and being an Allison owner you will also. It sucks about your prop. But dont let that stop you in the future from trying some of Todds other props at a rally or some were. They realy are great props. You got one that was on its last legs and that realy is to bad.:sad There not cheep!! That model has been discontinued for some time now. So its been around for sure.

Were all kinda protective of our Allison buddies as we help each other out to get the most from our motors and hulls. Todd goes the extra mile for anyone who asks. So you see now were we are comming from. Doesnt mater what make they all sling a blade for one reason or another even hoss. Doesnt mean I wouldnt like a Triton11 in my quiver right now.With the vary prop you have Todds done 103mph with 4 in the GS at the rally they can be cut from Chopper11,s into whats called a Knob cut.{long Story} It just sucks when it happens to you I know. :big grin Peace out, James

Lotus 50

No more T3X? Pity, it was on my bucket list.

I'm impressed with mid 80s with two aboard. Maybe I need more power.

procomp

I keep going back to my 26 yammy copy. Best hole shot and acceleration so far. Breaks 80 on the limiter with 1-4 people. Was not impressed with the trophy I tried or the RE3. My 28ET is pretty good but you give up a lot of hole shot and acceleration over the 26P. The 28ET is probably the prop to get me 90 but I haven't had time this summer to try it. I'm gonna stick with the 26 and bump the limiter to 7500.

whipper

I keep going back to my 26 yammy copy. Best hole shot and acceleration so far. Breaks 80 on the limiter with 1-4 people. Was not impressed with the trophy I tried or the RE3. My 28ET is pretty good but you give up a lot of hole shot and acceleration over the 26P. The 28ET is probably the prop to get me 90 but I haven't had time this summer to try it. I'm gonna stick with the 26 and bump the limiter to 7500.
Thats a good idea bumping the limitter. Also heads to 33cc for some low end grunt and still use the same gas. Before I bump mine to 7500 I needed to run a 30 to get 90,s. Sucks out of the hole compared to a 26 to around 90 now with the revs.:beer: Thats why 260,s are the way to go with these boats. Or at least a 280 with 260 electronice for the revs. Ive been told by many an experianced Ally owner that these boats do best with the smaller wheels and 7500-8500+ revs. With a 225 25-28. With RPM the way to get some serious acceleration is try a 24 with some cup. Be almost as quick as a 260 with a 26 to 70mph then its by by with the 260 because even with 7500 rpm youll just be around 80ish by the time hes at 100.:embarassed

Last edited:

TBuck2003

American... Mike

First off the bat, sorry you lost a prop, never is my goal to have something break that has my name on it. But it does happen, nature of the beast. If that prop was purchased thru me it would of had a 1yr. warranty to original buyer no questions asked. For a Hi Pro prop that is worked I feel that is the best in the Industry. I even give you 30 days to try it and if it is not for you I take it back, no questions asked.

Here is what I have some questions about... who did you get the wheel from??? where did he get the wheel??? Reason I ask is that the Sport has been discontinued, and has not been made for years. Being such a limited number were made, was just wondering where it came from. From looking at the prop it does not look like it was Heat Treated.

My other question is why did you not contact me??? I guess you would of asked the Mfgr. instead of chiming in on someones thread. But that is your choice no problem with that. That wheel could of been worked, repaired etc... who knows what. You make point that it is some sort of news on another board, to me that is just stirring the pot, I mean if there is a problem call me, PM me and lets get it handled. To me personally, problems happen all the time, it is how they are handled, and always keeping the customer as a #1 priority, and making sure they are satisfied before and after the purchase. If I can be of any help in the future, please feel free to call...

TBuck (Todd)

ziemer

Here's a repeat question that I don't ever got answered??? (If it did I apologize, cuz I didn't see it.)

Did you buy that prop new?

And yes, "nature of the beast" it is...as with any and all high performance stuff, especially when it's used.

You know how many broke Mercury ET's I've seen and talked to guys about over the years??? Way more than ever should be... Some of them were even new out of the box. :beer: Does it mean they're junk??? :confused::confused:

jas638

Banned
Here's a repeat question that I don't ever got answered??? (If it did I apologize, cuz I didn't see it.)

Did you buy that prop new?

And yes, "nature of the beast" it is...as with any and all high performance stuff, especially when it's used.

You know how many broke Mercury ET's I've seen and talked to guys about over the years??? Way more than ever should be... Some of them were even new out of the box. :beer: Does it mean they're junk??? :confused::confused:
well maybe i can answer your question Z. mike said it was his first time tryin a hydro prop 9/2010. todd has noted that the prop has been discontinued for years.i dont think he had it sitting in the closet.obviously he bought it used. hope this helps.

jas638

Banned
hey guys, american as well as everyone in america has the right to free speech. there has been no personal bashing of todd or his business practice. there have only been truthful facts stated about an ocurance of a broken prop blade.statements made of other props that are true.nobody should feel that there has been any statements of attack .this should have been more of a conversational piece than an argument ,which is what it sort of became although not nasty.guys, this is a forum and lets not forget that.this is where hobbyists discuss things. sounds like todd is at the plate and i commend him for that.i myself really wanted to a hydromotive for my gs.maybe a 14x28! and just to say i had to tow mike in with a dead cyl 4 ! he broke his prop and i blew my 260! same night! lol!! what a coincidence! nature of the beast!

TBuck2003

hey guys, american as well as everyone in america has the right to free speech. there has been no personal bashing of todd or his business practice. there have only been truthful facts stated about an ocurance of a broken prop blade.statements made of other props that are true.nobody should feel that there has been any statements of attack .this should have been more of a conversational piece than an argument ,which is what it sort of became although not nasty.guys, this is a forum and lets not forget that.this is where hobbyists discuss things. sounds like todd is at the plate and i commend him for that.i myself really wanted to a hydromotive for my gs.maybe a 14x28! and just to say i had to tow mike in with a dead cyl 4 ! he broke his prop and i blew my 260! same night! lol!! what a coincidence! nature of the beast!
10-4 on that I am with you all the way !!!! I appreciate all the kind words and support from customers and friends it means a lot. But that still does not change the fact that Mike had a bad experience, and that I take it very seriously when my product adversely effects someone. So lets get over the pissin' contest. My hope is that I can get Mike a good running wheel in the future, so he can have a positive experience with Hydromotive. If not I will help him as I would anyone else, no matter what he chooses to run.

TBuck