Pro Max vs Hydromotive

catfish123

Forget my post........it may be different on your model than on mine. On an XB2003 the lip height is greatest at the center of the pad and it then tapers down to no lip at all for the last inch or so on each side of the pad. If yours is truly stock and is .060" all the way out to the sides of the pad, that differs significantly from other models. I hope someone answers this though, I'm curious now to know myself.

TMc

Yea me too. I talked to Bill at Allison and he said it was right but I think it varies some from model to model and from early models to later models.
I also talked to Todd at Hydromotive and he said that is what his has.

catfish123

I know it was changed during a certain year to a higher lip on the XB2003's..................I was most surprised though that the .060" goes all the way out to the edge of both sides of the pad on yours. I was not aware that any of them did that.

patches

The factory lip is full height in the center few inches but tapers down to nothing an inch from the outside of the pad. Yours is probably stock and you just haven't noticed it doing that. I think you should consider putting the motor back to 8" and raise the motor to 3/8" above

catfish123

Thanks Eric........that is how I thought the stock lip was..........feathered out to nothing at the edges of the pad.

TMc

The factory lip is full height in the center few inches but tapers down to nothing an inch from the outside of the pad. Yours is probably stock and you just haven't noticed it doing that. I think you should consider putting the motor back to 8" and raise the motor to 3/8" above
Eric do you think 8" will be ok with my heavy motor?
Previous owner was running a 9" with a 300 Drag but he weighed 380 lbs.

patches

Yes I do. I've had a couple of them and the first I ran with 10" and a stock 200 that was probably 400 lbs. The boat was a dream. I've ran 6"-8"-10". I didn't care much for 6". I don't think your motor is super heavy

TMc

400 is probably about right for motor weight . I'll put a couple of 2" spacer blocks that will give me 7" . I'll give that a try when I get back from the Suwannee if that improves things I'll get another jack plate and move on back.
Thanks for you input.

TMc

Update:
I got my new prop from Todd at Hydromotive its a 14 3/4 x 28 its a Intimidator Quad IV O/T . I ran it at the Suwanee rally last weekend and it ran real good totes the nose good and drives good I got it up to 80 without chine walking now I just need to practice and get my nerve up had plenty of throttle left . Next step is move motor back some I'm taking Erik's advice he should know he's been there done that.