poll:top speed without a lifejacket

wj225

I am in the same boat as Froggy. My family needs me too much to have it any other way. And yes, I have been wet due to a "bat" turn and at that time, I was very glad that the vest and kill-switch were being worn. Don't think it can't happen to you.

I always wear my jacket now. I use to wear it every now and then until about a year ago i was running away from a approaching thuderstorm when i got tossed at 90 + mph with the boat going right and me going left after i hit a alligator. God was looking out for me. Now when i get in i always have my vest on and i put on my kill switch. Here playing with speed is great but respect it. In the high performance game it not a matter of if but when. Accidents do happen and it is always best to be prepared and to have and not need then to need and not have. Please remember your vest and kill switches. God bless

suicidealli

damn a alligator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my luck he would have taken an arm when i was in the water..... i almost hit about a "estimated" 30 lbs carp. the damn thing rolled right on the top of the water. i was running about 95. i just held on tight. i missed him thank god. i was in a river that isn't all that wide. i had the jacket and the cord hooked up, but you just never know.. i where my jacket more now than i ever have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roy

Jr in Jax

I am afraid to drive mine above idle speed but I do wear my ballistic parachute anyway.

fatfred69

Jacket and (anti-kill) switch both on and connected, when big engine is on! AS other's have stated....have seen some ugly results at VERY low speeds! Not always caused by the person with the jacket on!

Stay Safe, and drive an allie!

chinewalk

Now, the Lifeline is on if the motor is on. Never mind mechanical failure or getting run over by someone else. I have proven to myself many times over in the past that I lack the discipline to only spank the Ally (or any other boat) when the jacket is on (planned runs).

I had a 90+ mph blowout while testing a new prop with the Lifeline and kill switch on some time ago. I stayed in the boat, but barely. My right hand had a death grip on the steering wheel while the Ole noggin hung over the left side of the boat (center steer). I only busted up some ribs that time while trying to not get wet. And the Lifeline added some padding which kept the situation (wounds) from being worse. As a side note, with the jacked up ribs, it would have been tough to swim if I would have been spit out and not have had the jacket on.

It should go without saying, the kill switch also needs to be hooked up. Imagine surviving hitting your boat with your body on the way out, then surviving hitting the water at a high rate of speed, only to look up and see your boat coming back to finish you off. Ain't the way I would like to go.

You guys have fun out there, but take care. It is much better to meet a fellow hi-perf boat owner than to read about one's demise.

Ed

Fishforcash

Its on when I lite off the big mota. I dont always clip the leg straps but the jacket is jipped up and buckled.

I was horrable about not wearing mine but the past few years I have seen too many things happen to take a chance anymore.

v8astrovan

id say in my mirage i hardly wore a jacket most of the time never went over 70-75 even when i did run wot which was only 95 i still felt safe untill i watched a guy go over in front of me and get killed i wore my jacket every time after that.. now i have an allison and have been in plenty of them and kno how they like 2 fall off the pad here n there above 70 ill always ware my jacket plus all the accidents that have happened latly...