Please Pray!!!!!!

whipper

I'm glad hes going to be OK! There has been lots of not so good out comes this year! I hope there is some lessoned learned from from all of this. I pray for him and his new wife that they live happily ever after.Now when hes being stubborn she can truly say he has a hole in his head.:laughing

countrycoolio

Hey guys , just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the prayers. Definately by the works of god I was not more seriously injured or even killed during this deal. I noticed someone earlier talking about helments, might I second that request here as well. I have never worn one on my ATV but assure you will from here on out. What happened on this deal was we went out to an offroad park riding for the day, climbing a simple hill, the ground being so dry we hit a small hole in the trail we stalled & began to go backward at that point I told her to jump off & the bike started to come over backward, I was trying to make sure the bike stayed off of her when it rolled on over & landed on my nugget. Neeedless to say a 1000 lb bike is gonna do a little damage when it lands on your head. The bride was okay with a few bumps & bruises & 1 helluva scare. Luckily between my wife , Rick & his family they reacted fast & got help on the way. They took me in the airlife chopper to vanderbilt where they did an MRI where everything was okay except for the hole in my head. Plastic surgeon worked her magic for about 5 hours & got me all sewn back up, with about 40 staples & stitches. & a mighty fine job she did. They let me go home that night Once again thank you all for the prayers.... & also sorry about spelling & stuff here, I got some really good pain meds...lol...... for those that are curious I got my wife to take a pic with my phone right before she started sewing me up. WARNING.... this is not for the squemish.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/countrycoolio/1188934194.jpg

john4utvols

Dang, Eric glad to see your ok. That looks like a big :cuss hole in your head. I hate to hear it was you that got hurt, someone is always getting hurt over there. I believe two people have already died over there this year. Wheelin in the country is only about three miles from my house, and ever time there is a big event over there we hear life flight. It needs to be in there rules that everyone wears a helmut, or you don't ride. Good luck with the recovery.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Eric, continuing prayers for your full recovery.

Saw the pic. Terrible!! Did you lose a piece of your skull, or is just compressed into your head in that photo? How did they fix it? (Sorry...being in the sidelines of the medical field, just curious and don't mean to offend).

God was watching over you, brother!!! :cool

Speedy recovery to you!!!

TBuck2003

Coolio glad to see you are ok brother,scary for sure.We will pray for speedy and healthy recovery.

Todd & Thom

countrycoolio

Eric, continuing prayers for your full recovery.

Saw the pic. Terrible!! Did you lose a piece of your skull, or is just compressed into your head in that photo? How did they fix it? (Sorry...being in the sidelines of the medical field, just curious and don't mean to offend).

God was watching over you, brother!!! :cool

Speedy recovery to you!!!

Lou No offence taken, I have been interested in the entire process as well. The pic that I posted was while I was on the operating table & prepared for the repair. The doc slipped out for a minute & I got the wife to sneak a pic before they started working their magic. It was actually amazing what they did. from looking at the pic , if it were more detailed you are actually seeing skull. They did a cat scan & there was not a break or fracture anywhere. The skin actually just pealed back that way. she got me all back together just using staples & stitches. I have quite a few internal stitches as well that are holding the internal tissue together. as well as quite a few on the outside, we quit counting at 40 It is now healing very nicely..... the wife is calling it my zoro mark, kinda looks like a big Z on my head. But looking at that pic, I can't believe my head is back to the way it is without having to use skin from somewhere else. That's one big hole. here is the after picture. I was pretty impressed. If you got any more questions I will answer the best I can... maybe you can help explaine some of this as well.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/countrycoolio/1188956319.jpg