Pics of the xb2003 at the Gulfport DSRA Race

hullbilly

What an experience! I went from being stressed to the max, to pissed off, to nervous, to freaking elated, and then tired! Anyway, had no seat time and didn't know where to trim the boat on Saturday, so we finished last (this was the pissed part). Came back on Sunday and finished 2nd (this is the totally elated part). Sitting on my boat to have it weighed, well that was the nervous part.

Anyway, we're looking forward to the next one.

hullbilly

Here's a couple more guys:

Shawn McCrary's beautiful xb2002 (aka Bringit)

Rodney King's xb2002. This thing flat out flies!!!!!

bullwhipjkg

keep tryin youll figure it out good luck gettin round the bullet of joe and mike davis they are quick

but you got good help on your mota setup later

hullbilly

Any idea how much the XB03 weighed?
I know several of you guys have been curious about the weight and I have been too! I had only calculated the weight prior to the race and really didn't know what it was going to weigh (fyi...if you want to race, weigh your boat before!!!!)

I have to weigh 2050 lbs with my particular setup to race in the Performance Bass and Ski class. Therefore, I have to add a significant amount of weight. Subtracting out the weight I added and my body weight here's what it was:

xb2003 ProSport Tournamnet
one bucket seat (driver's seat)
bench back seat (top and bottom)
2 full size batteries
14.5 inches of setback including the hydraulic plate
225 pmax ss
prop
helmut
lifeline jacket
misc items (jumper cables, gps, paddle...)
approx 2 gallons of fuel/oil

1685lbs

That was pretty much right on what others have told me and what I based my rough calculations on prior to putting it on the scale. Hope that helps some of you guys that have been wondering!

bringit

thanks for the pic mark,hopefully the next races i should be faster give a better show! cant get over how super clean the 2003 was.

patches

super clean is an understatement. the thing doesn't have a spot on it.
hey mark, aren't you leaving out a picture of something?:beer::very happy

hullbilly

Shawn - Man, I wish you could've seen her run on Sunday. A bit of redemption from my dumba** of Saturday. I hope you guys are planning on being at Buhlow. It's a really nice place to race. Let me know when y'all make some final plans.

Eric - well, you asked for it. I don't know how in the hell this thing followed me all the way back to Texas, but she did and I decided I'd better keep her. I feel like I've got part ownership in allison now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bringit

one day when i grow up i wanna have a boat like that,at this rate of growth its not looken 2 promising!

killah

Nice pics :razz:razz
Shawn that 02 you got is looking good:shock:

strip

Thanks guys, This is one awesome thread with some great pics of some cool floaters. I had no idea there was a class that a 2003 could be competitive in. Was this bracket racing?

bringit

yeah man we had a blast no doubt and thanks for all the compliments on my boat