Pics of Hydro/Chopper KnobCut

ALLISONMAN

anytime you pitch a prop down it will have a higher slip!! most prop guys like to pitch up for top-end speeds.

ally2dextreme

crazy ?..why would you copy something that is no longer sold as im asuming nobody bought them becase they didnt work?
see the ? mark toad that means im wondering..i also would think if EVERYONE who tried 1 loved it it shouldnt be to hard to sell another batch...

TBuck2003

James glad it worked out for you low 90s should come with more time.How was the acceleration? and handling should of seen an improvement.1/4 to even should be the zone for that wheel possibly a tad higher depending on load.Glad the holeshot got better,lets here some numbers after ya wring her out.

Tbuck

whipper

Im just waiting for the fog to clear should be a nice day again. Im going back out to try for that other 1 mph!:big grin The hole shot was big inprovment over the chopper11. The way it gets going. It spins for only 1 sec then starts to go then its like it grabs full bite and you realy feel it bite and the acceleration is staedy and strong all the way up. My motors a 96 225 PM with just about 4 years on the rebuild so it doesnt have the same pop it used to but its still great. With a freshen up i could have hit 90,s easly. My bobs cone has a little chip right at the tip that Im sure is creating some unwanted bubbles at the moment. But shouldnt effect to much Ill get to it later. the sun is clearing the fog so it looks like time to hitch up. Later James

RedAllison

see the ? mark toad that means im wondering..i also would think if EVERYONE who tried 1 loved it it shouldnt be to hard to sell another batch...
Thomas I think Todd answered your question when he said he has to buy quite a few props to make them affordable, aint worth it to stock a closet full and hope they sell resonably quick, can make close enough too the same thing from over the counter Chopper IIs!

As joeblow boaters it's easy to question a propmakers tactics because we are only buying 1-2 at a time. They are having to buy from the foundary in lots of 50-100+, they are STILL a business so in the end it all comes down to CASH FLOW! Let's see, do I tie up $50k+ in props that I turnover 1ce-2ce a year or do I tie that cash up on a pile of wheels that might trickle out the door to hopefully all sell over a several year period?

:relax:
RA

ps
Now do the right thing and contact the man and button up yalls deal.

ally2dextreme

Thomas I think Todd answered your question when he said he has to buy quite a few props to make them affordable, aint worth it to stock a closet full and hope they sell resonably quick, can make close enough too the same thing from over the counter Chopper IIs!

As joeblow boaters it's easy to question a propmakers tactics because we are only buying 1-2 at a time. They are having to buy from the foundary in lots of 50-100+, they are STILL a business so in the end it all comes down to CASH FLOW! Let's see, do I tie up $50k+ in props that I turnover 1ce-2ce a year or do I tie that cash up on a pile of wheels that might trickle out the door to hopefully all sell over a several year period?

:relax:
RA

ps
Now do the right thing and contact the man and button up yalls deal.
like i was saying if they only sell a couple of them a year then i would say there not working..and just wondering why you would want a copy of something that wasnt working...as far as your ps i have not talked to you about( our deal) so the most you can have is half the story..so i would say you dont know e nuff of the facts nor do i need your encouragement

whipper

That is a VERY nice looking prop! Have you ever run any Merc ET props on your boat?
No I havent but whould like to one day. I just got in again from the lake. I didnt really manage any more top end but did do it with less slip this time any way. I still got 89 but 89.8 at under 7000 this time it looked like 6800 maybe 6850. I dont have a didgital read out but was under 7 . That put the slip in the 8 range which is more respectable. I played around with the hole shot more and the mid range. This prop has some serious mid range! I was cruising at around 35 then punching it got up to 60 in a heart beat. I would even go out on a limb and say the mid range to 60 from 35-40 was faster than my 25 trophy and the 26 OT. :gasp Quit amazzing for a 28.5 pitch three blade. Well thats all I got. I like the acceleration it has that was lacking in the original 30 chopper11. The wheel feels a lot lighter and spins up fast with good stern lift requiring no more than nutral trim ever. It likes even with the pad on my hull. lowering the motor even a hair to 1/2 below I lost 3 mph. Great all purpose wheel i could ski with this prop if i could hang on once it digs in and grabs! Ill bet it carries a load the way it grabs Ill find out sooner or later. Thanks again Todd its every thing you said it would be.

RedAllison

Thomas the "half" I know aint a lie. A deals a deal, anything else is just :blah blah blah and :argue

:same ole song
RA

TBuck2003

Great point Brian,that just gets in the ballpark and lets you know what the boat wants or doesnt want.James remember also that at 2500 elevation compared to 1200-1500 ft it is like dropping a pitch as far as power and the way the boat carries in that air.On my boat with the old pro max that difference in altitude would be good for 1.5 -2.5 mph at the same rpm or a tad higher.Glad your enjoying both wheels,and I appreciate your business.
TBuck

whipper

Great point Brian,that just gets in the ballpark and lets you know what the boat wants or doesnt want.James remember also that at 2500 elevation compared to 1200-1500 ft it is like dropping a pitch as far as power and the way the boat carries in that air.On my boat with the old pro max that difference in altitude would be good for 1.5 -2.5 mph at the same rpm or a tad higher.Glad your enjoying both wheels,and I appreciate your business.
TBuck
Yep thats about were shes at alright. I trimmed at wot till the bow dropped,rpm increased and speed never then quickly bumped back down.
That was it alright. When the boat settles from off the line is were she realy grabs a gear and pulls like a frieght train. Differant than any thing ive tried in a chopper before. My old small ear was a very fast prop it was thined and balanced ect.. but never had the acceleration like this one at all. Like you said the other prop the 26 Quad. I realy realy love this one now. I only take it to 82.7 being a 26 at 7000rpm but its like driveing around the lake in a High Horspower go cart! TONS of fun!! Very smooooth feeling. When ya hit it the transition to plain is linier and the acceleration is super all the way threw and up. Nice prop!