Performance Proppeller

Promax225

How do these props compare to the yamaha drag prop? Both factory outta the box 22 or 24 pitch. Thanks alot guys, hope some one has tried the drag 3 pp.

Thanks guys!

suicidealli

I have ran them. Lol I think I have ran everything.... Except a knob cut from hydromotive..lol
They dont run as well as a real yammi for racing. For top end I think they are better out of the box....

Roy

Last edited:

procomp

I agree with Roy. You can lake boat with a PP as there thicker then a real yammy. Probably why they are typically a tad slower for racing.

Jimxb02

I have a Drag3 28" out of the box I've been running since early spring this year. It is a very good all around prop for lake running. The blades are thicker than a "race" prop but that means it can stand up to some hard running and small bits of debris in the water. The prop still looks new --- no cracks or pits on the leading edge. It has very good acceleration between 40 MPH and 80 MPH and tops out at 98 to 100 MPH on my XB2002 with a mod 225 Promax. Just my experience . It probably could be made into a competitive prop with some thinning and tweaking.

Jim

LakeAnna

Tim Hackney is a great guy and his props are always nice. I've run several over the years and was always happy. Give him a call and talk with him!

Never had the DR4 but hear they are good wheels too.

Jimxb02

I also like my Hydromotive 28" quad4/OT for carrying a load and my Hoss hyperdrive 30" for best top end.

Jim

Promax225

Thanks guys, i have a fat shaft and was lookin for a great drag prop. Any suggestions

xb03

Yamaha drag, drag 3, offshore chopper, or et. I like a 24p with a stock limiter 6750, I haven't tried a small wheel since the raised limiter.

Promax225

Thanks, I think ima prolly get the yammi drag and have a fatshaft welded in it or a drag 3.

whipper

Just had a few days on my 28 Drag3 and really like everything about it. I emagine a 24 would be great also. Lots of guys run them and keep them thats why ya dont see them for sale I suspect?
Ive heard Yammis fall flat at wot for some setups out of the box but get there in a hurry. So guys ussually have to tweek them to run the speed they need in the 1/4 for there setup. The Drag3 I would think has longer legs. Ive had several Drag4,s and only liked the 28 drag4. I didnt like the smaller pitches ones with my 225. Maybe with more rpm I would have liked 26 or less better but they are faily quike to make out the rpm and a tad slower than a 3 blade. So 8500-9000 rpm might have been a differant story. One 28 I had was worked for Propmanjays SS. He said even with a little lift taken out it still had to much lift at around the 115mph mark.:big grin Then for me on the GS I found it didnt have as much as I needed. The best one ever was from James Overall {DarkAllison} That one i never should have sold!! He had a little tip cup added other than that stock. That prop was probably the best overall 28P prop to date on my Grandsport. Carried a hudge load very good and the way the whole hull lifted was majic. Very smooth runner.
Miss that 28!!

LakeAnna

Just had a few days on my 28 Drag3 and really like everything about it. I emagine a 24 would be great also. Lots of guys run them and keep them thats why ya dont see them for sale I suspect?
Ive heard Yammis fall flat at wot for some setups out of the box but get there in a hurry. So guys ussually have to tweek them to run the speed they need in the 1/4 for there setup. The Drag3 I would think has longer legs. Ive had several Drag4,s and only liked the 28 drag4. I didnt like the smaller pitches ones with my 225. Maybe with more rpm I would have liked 26 or less better but they are faily quike to make out the rpm and a tad slower than a 3 blade. So 8500-9000 rpm might have been a differant story. One 28 I had was worked for Propmanjays SS. He said even with a little lift taken out it still had to much lift at around the 115mph mark.:big grin Then for me on the GS I found it didnt have as much as I needed. The best one ever was from James Overall {DarkAllison} That one i never should have sold!! He had a little tip cup added other than that stock. That prop was probably the best overall 28P prop to date on my Grandsport. Carried a hudge load very good and the way the whole hull lifted was majic. Very smooth runner.
Miss that 28!!
Yep.:big grin

Bobalouie

I have a worked PP 22P Drag 3. It is a hell of a prop. Easy to drive, unbelievable accelleration, and the last time I used it I was still in the learning process but managed 97 mph out of it at around 9600 RPM. I dont know about how they do stock, but modded mine runs great. I think it was modded by the guys at PP.

suicidealli

I have a worked PP 22P Drag 3. It is a hell of a prop. Easy to drive, unbelievable accelleration, and the last time I used it I was still in the learning process but managed 97 mph out of it at around 9600 RPM. I dont know about how they do stock, but modded mine runs great. I think it was modded by the guys at PP.
That is pretty good for a 22. You can tighten it up some.. If you are running 1.87 gears. I bet it is quick tho... I Try to get that happy medium...

GotMyAlly

I had 3 of 'em early on in my Allison days. The nearly-stock ones ran better than the modded ones, in my opinion. The best one was only sharpened and balanced. The ones that had been cut didn't carry the boat well.....you had to really get going before the natural lift of the hull picked the boat up. Until that point, they ran real wet. Mine were not drag props though.

suicidealli

I had 3 of 'em early on in my Allison days. The nearly-stock ones ran better than the modded ones, in my opinion. The best one was only sharpened and balanced. The ones that had been cut didn't carry the boat well.....you had to really get going before the natural lift of the hull picked the boat up. Until that point, they ran real wet. Mine were not drag props though.
Cutting them is not the trick.. Most guys add some tip cup... Not everybody.. There are several tricks Neal... Cutting one is no good... banging on them in the right areas can make them run a lot better.....
The stock ones I have delt with or owned usually have higher slip numbers on the big end....
Roy

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

Cutting them is not the trick.. Most guys add some tip cup... Not everybody.. There are several tricks Neal... Cutting one is no good... banging on them in the right areas can make them run a lot better.....
I leave that to the pro's. At that point, I box it up, slap a FedEx label on it, and off it goes......

Bobalouie

That is pretty good for a 22. You can tighten it up some.. If you are running 1.87 gears. I bet it is quick tho... I Try to get that happy medium...
When you say "tighten it up" what does that mean? And I do run the 1.87's.

Its a cool ride, lays the boat over on the left rubrail at takeoff if you are not expecting it.