Pedastal offset bracket

fastallison21

Anyone bought or made a offset bracket to maybe set the front fishing seat post back a lil further for more trolling motor clearence?

motobuffy

I bought 2 15 inch (?) BPS offset pedestals for use as sit downs (as opposed to leaners) for my XTB. They didn't work well at all. Waves rocking the boat tended to shift them side to side when occupied. As they aged, the connection between the pin and post failed. They are now in my scrap metal pile.

GotMyAlly

It's upside down in the pic. Just drop it in the seat base hole, and the put your pedestal in the new hole a couple inches to the rear. I think the offset is 6".

RedAllison

fa21 are you trying to move a buttseat or a regular seat? If you are trying to move the buttseat back then I suppose the bracket above is the only choice I've seen.

If you are trying to move a sitdown seat back then there are other options, the "bent pedestal" is what I went with when I wanted to move my seat back when I used a sitdown seat during winter fishin. Works like a charm: http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Offset-Seat-Post/product/1212071541/

Attachments

The Cashew Kid

That piece in the pic above is upside down? It has two things sticking up off it as it is in the pic. If you turn it over, the pin goes in the hole in your deck and where does the other piece go? Look at it closely, see what I'm saying?

GotMyAlly

Maybe my explanation above didn't make much sense - I was at work, cut me some slack. LOL.

Drop your seat pedestal in the base.

Put the piece above in the top of the pedestal.

Put your seat on the bracket above. The pin on the bottom of your seat goes into the hole of the larger sleeve on that bracket. It moves the seat 6" back on the pedestal.