Oh well new project.

tomoad

Do you have your steamwheel for the PCU bolted down or velcro'ed? I was going to bolt mine down but as i understand it these units are not waterproof, so I am using velcro, and it doesnt last long, when out on the water in the hot sun the glue on the velcro, well it turns to an ooze. I fish alot and if it rains I have to put the stemwheel under my dash so it will not get wet. I was just curious how you and other do when your out and it rains

chad202

Not water proof? I wouldve never thought that but mine is screwed down. I may have to look at making a little roof over it.

chad202

Mine was in my 03 and was rained on several times with no issues but I will look to make it protected in some way.

h2oskiier30

That is entirely retarded if true. The steamwheel is designed to make changes on the fly. Where are you to mount it where it's visible but under cover? Not many places on any boat that I can think of.

chad202

Yea I feel the same Paul. I may look at modifying a radio cover and mount it in that so it has a cover I can put over it. I think it'll look ok, just like I have two radios. lol

chad202

just ordered a radio cover. gonna make that work. Just lift and adjust, should work.

Texan

Well I can't see to comment as I am not registered at Fastbass. It seems I got bumped sometime back and never took the time to re-register.

strip

I think if I had a steam wheel I would mount it inside one of these and screw the whole thing to the dash with the wires ran through a hole in the back of it. I believe it would look cool, work well, and if you opt for the clear lid you would be able to see your settings without opening it. lots of colors available and if you mount it with the latch up, then it would stay open. it would be smaller than a radio cover and would mount with the same screw holes the steam wheel uses. just my opinion. http://www.pelicancasestore.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=17&ParentCat=3