New Style Allison Factory Covers

Jr in Jax

FYI,
I am now on my fourth or fifth Allison Factory boat cover and was reticent about ordering another one. Bill told me they were making their own covers now and they have improved them. Since the Custom cover I was quoted was three times the $750 Allison cover, I took Bill's word on it.

I am really glad that I did. The new covers are a Sea-Change from the old covers with a complete fuzzy-lined no-scratch Sunbrella material with pockets for the straps and much better seams with polyester stitching.

With the improvements, the price stayed the same as the one from four years ago. It also came with a very nice Sunbrella storage bag.

I am a very satisfied Allison customer.

catfish123

And the final price was.....................? Sounds good!

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
In 1982 I paid $400 for a custom cover for a 17 1/2 Glastron so I guess $750 ish is not too bad in today's dollars. That cover was worth every penny and has just started showing its age the last couple years.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are they trailerable? The nice thing about the Glastron cover was loading up the boat, snapping on the cover and going.

whipper

Mine is trailerable to over 100+ mph at 104- 105 it gets a little spooky. I have to just hold it there and slowing down is well, you know.:big grin

Jr in Jax

Are they trailerable? The nice thing about the Glastron cover was loading up the boat, snapping on the cover and going.
They are very trailerable and much better quality fabric/stitching that the old Allison covers. My old Allison cover at 3 years old shredded on the way to Key West and had to be removed for the rest of the time we were down there.
I asked Bill about a really good Merc 2.5 engine cover and Allison does not make one. I had to settle for a thin $40 cover that will never hold up very long on the interstate. My cover gets 4-5 trips to the Suwannee every year.
This year we will miss one Suwannee trip since we are going to spend a couple of weeks SOUTH [J/K] of James/Whipper [in Alaska].

BTW, after Jack got through with the yearly beauty treatment and new Factory carpeting on my boat, I replaced my aluminum trailer that was stolen from there [with a new custom aluminum trailer]. The cops found the plastic coated bunks from my old trailer which was stolen/scapped by a crackhead [they caught him after my trailer was already scrapped]. With the new cover, beauty treatment, carpet and trailer, all my neighbors came over to ask why I bought a new Allison boat instead of keeping my old one.

Last edited:

catfish123

I guess I've "missed" it somewhere, but are these new covers $750 ???

Jr in Jax

JR post some pics of the bad boy.
I will try to get some Pictures, but I have the tri-year "Joint Commission Inspectors" this week at the Hospital, so my time will depend on if any Facilities-type problems are uncovered that I will have to schedule/manage.

Casey G

Last month I got a new Allison cover and I agree it’s very nice. My only complaint is it doesn’t fit very well in the front. No way could it be towed the way it is. It needs a strap added close to the bow. Also the nose pocket isn’t very deep, should be deeper

ally2dextreme

My only complaint I guess is I wish they would print on a section of the cover instead of that square sewn on,im mean for $750 I think they could do that

Jr in Jax

This Allison Factory cover is about 6 months old. I really like it!
My new now has the Support Pole socket in the top of the cover with a built-in concentric ventilation port. I had installed one in my old cover but the new one came with it already installed.

ROBERT CROSS

Our black factory cover,(2004), hides under the locally made red 'Garage' most of the time. Heated indoors in Winter.

Other than new straps it's held up very well.

Bob