NEW LOOK: WELCOME to the 21st CENTURY!

aeneas

Ok, I am a bit drunk now but I can't find the edit button... Am I blind or just on Macbook and Safari. :confused:

Jon

Supporting Member
To be clear, it was my fault Nils didn't have the edit button :). Oops.

ROBERT CROSS

Ok my turn for a question....where are the PM's.

Never mind I found the private button.

You can edit but not delete a post correct.
Bob

wasmeneh

I like the new setup but for me it's a little difficult to tell the new threads from the old, maybe it's just my old eyes.

Jon

Supporting Member
I like the new setup but for me it's a little difficult to tell the new threads from the old, maybe it's just my old eyes.
I'm color blind, and it is a little difficult for me as well. I typically select forums/new posts on the bar up top to make it easier. Changing colors on the board requires some 3rd party assistance in photo shop... from my wife. The images are actually image sprites, which is a collection of small images in a single image - anyway it's an efficient way to represent the read/unread icons.

As far as new posts within a thread, there is the "NEW" icon on the right side, and even a button up top or bottom near the page counter which I use often: "Go to First Unread". Hopefully this helps a little as it was difficult for me at first as well. I like greatly contrasting colors to help distinguish things, but that isn't always the best looking at the end of the day.

Jon

Supporting Member
Here are some interesting statistics on the new site - 16 days and counting:
  • There has been a pretty good uptick in new users: 44 new users in 16 days. For those of you keeping count, we've doubled the number of active users in just under 5 months.
  • 170 pictures. This is probably my favorite new thing. I'm glad to see the cool pictures.
  • 200 likes - which I did not expect would get as much use.

whipper

Jon you've done a great job of bring refreshing the sites look. The more one uses it the better it gets. There are so many new features it takes awhile to get the hang of incorporating them into posts. Ive been back and forth to the Allison owners site lots and love how you were able to bring that back from the dead!~ I love that spot. i see lots of new members and i would encourage them to start posting anything thats on there mind as there are no stupid questions. We are all hear to learn and admire the capabilities of our Allisons. Fishing ,pleasure to racing im sure i don't speech for just myself when I say its awesome to hear about what anyone has caught done or doing in there Allison or how to drive one for the new Allison owner. i just love hearing what others have to say its helps to get creative. Its been proven time after time theres more than one way to do things and hearing about it helps to solve problems to make the boats even more fun than they already are.:) The pics on the site now are so easy now because you just click and drag them over from the Picture folder on your PC. Thats so wicked!! I cant think of any other site that lets you do that! i see there is quite a few members without avitars in there profile also. Jon do you have to make a pic smaller to add these or can you drag a pic over into the settings page for an avatar and it minimizes it to fit for you? haven't redone mine so not sure.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
P6140157 copy.jpg

Douglas Lake. 2003 Allison Rally. Fadeproof Redflash with that greeting he always gives me. Nice visor Red. It come from Kansas city?:LMAO:

travelmappers

Guys,

Thanks to the fact that Tony Clark introduced me to Jon Woodall who lives nearby here on Watts Bar Lake, who just HAPPENS to be employed by one of the world's largest and best-known computer networking companies....Voila! Allison Owners Forum Gen3.

It took Jon MONTHS of hard work to get this going, streamline it, beta test it, and all this without a penny of compensation. In fact, he's out-of-pocket for some of it.

This is the type of thing I truly wanted to do for literally years, but lacked the skills and had zero time to learn them, and (being an Allison owner, control freak) I never felt at ease with "tossing the keys" to make such changes to someone I had not established a great rapport with and who was relatively close. In this situation, WIN / WIN!

So please...If you like it, join me in giving Jon a standing ovation for his tireless and unselfish work thus far.

But as Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top said.."Ah gawt NEWS for ya.."

We ain't done. :eek:

Nott. Yett. :D

Hope y'all enjoy the refresh.

Lou
Guys,

Thanks to the fact that Tony Clark introduced me to Jon Woodall who lives nearby here on Watts Bar Lake, who just HAPPENS to be employed by one of the world's largest and best-known computer networking companies....Voila! Allison Owners Forum Gen3.

It took Jon MONTHS of hard work to get this going, streamline it, beta test it, and all this without a penny of compensation. In fact, he's out-of-pocket for some of it.

This is the type of thing I truly wanted to do for literally years, but lacked the skills and had zero time to learn them, and (being an Allison owner, control freak) I never felt at ease with "tossing the keys" to make such changes to someone I had not established a great rapport with and who was relatively close. In this situation, WIN / WIN!

So please...If you like it, join me in giving Jon a standing ovation for his tireless and unselfish work thus far.

But as Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top said.."Ah gawt NEWS for ya.."

We ain't done. :eek:

Nott. Yett. :D

Hope y'all enjoy the refresh.

Lou
Thanks Jon. Great job. Thanks for your time.