New location for the rally!!!!!!!

Allyfishing

I received the dreaded phone call this afternoon from Cynthia/Euchee that the bank reps were there at that moment and closed them down to any further business. I personally spoke to the bank agent there and it was well over a month ago that the owners knew of todays date. He felt th management and employees there knew nothing of it. Soooooo.....

Again, we all have Skewby to thank for being pro-active in this delema. After many phone calls we have relocated to the Howard Johnsons in Spring City approx 17 miles south of Terrace View marina on the North side of the lake. The address is 22500 Rhea County Hwy., Spring City, Tennessee 37381 and the phone number is 423-365-9191. YOU MUST TELL THEM that you are with the Allison Rally for the room rate of 75.00 per nite plus tax.
We realize this has inconvenienced many of you and we are truely sorry!!!! I was assured that no credit cards were charged at this point so that is good. We tried to find accomodations on the lake but non were available. This is our best shot at pulling this off with the least impact to all.

The magagement at Ho-Jo's stated they have a big lot for the boats with some electrical outlets. There are some restaurants right across the street from them for breakfast or like stated in the schedule breakfast at the Marina's. We will still have the same itinerary with a couple of tweaks along the way.

Skewby wanted me to throw out to you that he has a bedroom or two available in his house for a guy or two and Roger will Mttstill accomodate the guys staying in his houseboat. We can set up Joes monster grille in his front yard.

Please accept our appology for this and lets have a great time anyway. All suggestions are welcomed!!!

It is only 11.5 miles 25 minutes towing the boat.

Oh, they have about 20 rooms blocked off between 15 or 17 double bed rooms and about 7 or 8 single king size bed rooms.

For those who do not want to drive to the hotel and back each nite may call Matt at lakeside Resort (located very near Terrace View) he has 1-4 bedroom nit for 140.00 per nite and two 3 bedroom units at 105.00. call 423-365-9521

Last edited:

Allyfishing

this one is for Rich Sebesta.....there is a pet boarding facility up the road from the Ho-Jo called the Bed & Bones. I'm told by the receptionist there that they are very good with the pets and most people that stay there take their pets up there for over nite then take them with them for the day. Phone number is 423-365-9082

rmills280

map quest says 10.9 miles from terrace view and i travel this every week and it takes me 15 min. there is 100%gas 10 min from t-view and i will be checking with reynolds and the restaurant to make sure that the dinner on friday will be at t-view. so really the only thing changing is the place to sleep and launch the boats.

Allyfishing

Can we stay up and drink in the parking lot?????????

I made reservations.

Roy
Jenn just said..."Party in the parking lot!!!" And she still wants to bring the cooler cart!!

Oh boy!!

You're right Roger...only thing different is where we launch....and only a short drive!!

Guys, all who are still interested please list the names here so we can plan for food!!

Last edited:

suicidealli

I called and asked if it was ok to drink in the parking lot. As long as we have huggie/coozie, and don't get falling down drunk we should be ok. Per the lady that I talked to. Said they were pretty far out, and laid back.

So Brian, and John will have to be on good behavior.......

Roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

this one is for Rich Sebesta.....there is a pet boarding facility up the road from the Ho-Jo called the Bed & Bones. I'm told by the receptionist there that they are very good with the pets and most people that stay there take their pets up there for over nite then take them with them for the day. Phone number is 423-365-9082
Craig - thx so much for your thoughtfulness. Still evaluating options, but Donna and I are strongly considering keeping our plans unchanged from the original plan to stay at Hornsby Hollow. Good people and award-winning campground from what I hear. Will just need Donna to function as the DD. A bit far at 28 miles from the ramp, but WTH. My route from HH to the marina takes me right by the HoJo, so I can party with you guys in the parking lot. Need to buy plenty of pie in Gatlinburg Tuesday.... I reckon 3-4 gal ought to do the trick.....

Still can't wait - we're gonna have a blast!

Dave Hensley

Don't understand the problem at Euchee. What a great facility? Mis-managed? About 10 years ago a bunch of us were meeting there about this time of year and then again in the Fall. Jon Wright was part of the group, anyway one of the Oak Ridge boys brother owned it and had a really nice couple running it. From one year to the next the owner moved them out and made some structural improvements but the atmosphere was never the same. We quit going after that.

Allyfishing

DAve, we have no idea what is up with that place. Actually, last year prior to the rally, the management changed over from previous years (as I was told) and the place was a bit disorganized when we first got there but all was well then.

Since everything there is seasonal, ya got to make it when the sun shines and maybe with the bad economy, it was purchased by the newer owners for far too much money than market value which would put a hurtin on the pocket book. Who nows?? but it really pisses me off that ownership knew the date for foreclosure and did not tell the staff about it.

Allyfishing

Here is the original list of attendees, if anyone is NOT attending please remove your name from the list and copy and paste on the post. We need to know for buying food. I hope all will still attend...it will be all good!!!!!!!!

1. Craig & Jenn (Allyfishing)
2. (DragAlly02), wife and 3 kids
3. Shane (resqu-u)
4. Chris and kids wife? (lightening rod)
5. Roy, Brenda and 2 boys (suicidealli)
6. Double J and wife
7. James & Debbie
8. Skewby
9. Roger (rmills)
10. Joe & Matt
11. Bob & Deb
12. Gary & Earl
13. Ed Gladden
14. Thomas plus 1
15. Chris, Anita, Mike, Donna
16. Kevin & Lori
17. John & Keila, 3 children (john4utvols)
18. Scott Harrel and son
19. Ben Biller
20. Rich & Donna Sebesta
21. Vance +1 (Vance)
22. Charlie & Edna Monday, Friday & Sat (CharlieM)
23. Chris + 1 Wed thru Sat.(spenccj1)
24. Brian (silverbullet) Mom and dad
25. Luke Clarke (Luketrician)

Thanks guys and again sorry for the hassle.....we can still make it a GREAT rally.

Special thanks to Joe Harrel who never gave up on organizing the rally the past several years (and asking nothing in return) and for Skewby who has been the biggest asset to the group this year!!!! Without him we would be like tits on a bull!!!!! LOL!!!!

ImbadBob

3. Shane (resqu-u)
6. Double J and wife
7. James & Debbie
8. Skewby
9. Roger (rmills)
10. Joe & Matt
12. Gary & Earl
13. Ed Gladden
14. Thomas plus 1
16. Kevin & Lori
18. Scott Harrel and son
19. Ben Biller
20. Rich & Donna Sebesta
21. Vance +1 (Vance)

We hate to miss the rally, I just can't get away from work.

Luketrician

3. Shane (resqu-u)
6. Double J and wife
7. James & Debbie
8. Skewby
9. Roger (rmills)
10. Joe & Matt
11. Bob & Deb
12. Gary & Earl
13. Ed Gladden
14. Thomas plus 1
16. Kevin & Lori
18. Scott Harrel and son
19. Ben Biller
20. Rich & Donna Sebesta
21. Vance +1 (Vance)

Alli-drenaline Rush

Here is the original list of attendees, if anyone is NOT attending please remove your name from the list and copy and paste on the post. We need to know for buying food. I hope all will still attend...it will be all good!!!!!!!!

3. Shane (resqu-u)
6. Double J and wife
7. James & Debbie
8. Skewby
9. Roger (rmills)
10. Joe & Matt
11. Bob & Deb
12. Gary & Earl
13. Ed Gladden
14. Thomas plus 1
16. Kevin & Lori
18. Scott Harrel and son
19. Ben Biller
20. Rich & Donna Sebesta
21. Vance +1 (Vance)

Thanks guys and again sorry for the hassle.....we can still make it a GREAT rally.

Special thanks to Joe Harrel who never gave up on organizing the rally the past several years (and asking nothing in return) and for Skewby who has been the biggest asset to the group this year!!!! Without him we would be like tits on a bull!!!!! LOL!!!!
+1000!!!!

Donna and I are 110% on-board! Let's make it happen!

etnprop

Thanks in advance for your understanding as we try to regroup and get back on track. Craig, Skewby and Roger have done a ton of advance work to make this a really special event this year and now are having to retrace their steps and in some cases start over on very short notice to save the event.

There is no rally without the people so you can help us with the planning if you would just confirm your attendence, how many in your group and what days you plan to attend. If you need to drop out we understand we just need the info to help plan for meals, facilities, ect. Thanks again for your understanding - its still going to be a great time! Joe

resqu-u

I'll be there, family sticks together! Can't wait to meet everyone and have a great week. Thanks for the heads up last night skewby and roger.

rmills280

for anybody interested spring city boat dock has 2-2brm cabins available for 120 a night it is 5 min. from howard johnson 423-365-5150 also anyone wanting to camp there is arrowhead 423-365-6484 1 1/2 mile from terrace view by water and newport 423-365-9521 2 mile by water to terrace view