New Entry Level Outboard Class at Blarney Island

Mr. Scary

We're going to start a new class at Blarney Island called "Pro Sport Outboard" that is more of an entry level "run what you brung" class. As you may know, the Lake Racer Outboard (the current entry level class) has weight requirements, engine rules, etc. and allows Mercury High Perf 260/280 engines as well as race prepped Evinrude E-Tecs. This new class would be designed for boats slotted below those - any motor EXCEPT for 260s, 280s, and 300XS OptiMaxes. 250HO E-Tecs would be allowed but only if they run their rev limiters (and those will be checked via Evinrude Diagnostics randomly). The rules will be simple...

Any engine allowed with the exception of Mercury Racing 2.5EFI 260/280, 300XS OptiMax.
V6 powered hulls must be bass boat or sport boat based (no Allison XR-2001 Drag Hulls, Mirage QuarterMasters/WildCat/PoleCat, STV Drag, etc).
V4 engines may run ANY type of hull.
250HO E-Tec motors must run rev-limiters (and will be checked at random using Evinrude Diagnostics software)
No Nitrous
The race committee reserves the right to require prop changes or weight additions to help even the class.
Safety equipment includes: Foot Throttle, trim in the wheel (or on the floor - must be able to keep both hands on the wheel at all times), kill switch (that also kills the fuel pump if you're running an external fuel pump), any life jacket with leg straps, Snell approved helmet, long sleeves and long pants.

Planned first race will be 8/18.

Entry fee is $20. First prize will be $80, second price will be $40.

Registration runs from 5:45-6:10, driver's meeting is at 6:20 and racing starts at 6:30.

Please call me to let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions. I've had a lot of requests for this kind of class and have lobbied the owners to let me try putting it together. 847-533-9773

Thanks.

Sam Baker

18ftswitzer

I'm in! Is there any problem with running Lake Racer the weeks before Pro Sport starts?

patches

Sam, are any of you Blarney guys coming to Jasper this year? I'm gonna try to go and would like to meet a few Yankees while I'm there:)

michael j giesler

HI Erik i am 90% sure my dad and I are going i'm going to run in lake racer i'm gunning for Tray:LMAO: and outlaw for fun maybe even pro gas i fugured it's a once in a lifetime thing Erik you and your brother need to come up here just once:big grin

John S

Micheal, what day would you guys be going down there? I was planning on doing the river run, then watching the races, would be nice to convoy down there with some other yanks, so we can frieght train the the southerners road blocks, lol.

Sam, congrats on an awesome idea, wish you guys lived closer.

Mr. Scary

I may put the 20" mid back on my boat and run it in the Green class so I'm really thinking about going too. If I go, I'm leaving EARLY Friday morning. Have a room at the Comfort Inn or whatever is right by Shoney's.

kornvb

Where is blarneys island how far from jasper is it?

xb03fs

I don't have any vacation but maybe next year..what size prop would I need to find is it a run at a light of o idle start I have a xb2003 and a 200 efi that will be getting a svs this winter...not sure how fast a 200 efi is I am assuming I would need to prop for about on the limiter at 70ish