New best........

GotMyAlly

Now I'm curious what a 31" OT would do and how it would compare.............my 30" OT was 2 MPH slower and pulled just a few more RPM.

whipper

Meyers

Neal...That is an awesome run...one day I hope to be able to come up and hang out at Fast Pass with the gang.

JWW8

Congrats on the numbers! Was this a stock 250 XS? What is the hole shot like with this prop?

GotMyAlly

Bone stock 250XS.

The holeshot is about what you'd expect if you jumped 3" in pitch over your everyday propeller. Perfectly fine for the stated purpose (rally prop, big top end, long runs), but I want one to jump on plane a little faster if I'm fishing, because I run and gun and frequently have 3 people in the boat. It had 8 big pvs holes and I didn't have any plugs, but I think it could have been improved a little with some tuning of the ventilation. With my girlfriend in the boat, it revved to 5k and pointed to the sky, but by myself it grabbed quicker. But definitely not a drag prop with that much pitch.

GotMyAlly

I havent owned a 30+ pitch prop since 2008 when I swapped out my gears from the 1:75 to 1:62. When my boat was new, it came with a new 28 Quad IV-XOB...the 1:62 gears had a hard time with that prop.
The prop in question is a completely different blade profile than the X-OB. I don't think I could pull a 30"+ X-OB.

But if you can't pull a 28" X-OB, something isn't right. That's what I fish with most of the time and I can pull it past the power band of the motor. I've ran a 29" X-OB too, and it pulled that OK as well.

RedAllison

Propping and running a 2 seater is a different animal than the same setup on ProSports and 2+2s. From what I've seen the 2 seater with a 250XS should be propped and expected to run more like a 225 powered ProSport/2+2. Still gonna show it's transom to anything shy of an equally powered Stroker or 20ft Bullet but you just can't expect the 2 seater to run like the other 21s and it's all because of the change in 'center of gravity' with the occupants sitting "in the backseats"...