New ally owner!!!!!!

mayberryrick

Guys I just bought a 89' XB2002 with a 93' 2.5L 200 XRI EFI today!!! It is blue with kindof and off white. Bought it in Sparta TN off of Local Sales Network. Let me know what I can typiclly expect out of this rig with a 28p Trophy 4 blade. I'll post some pictures on here when I get a chance to take some.

K.Kiser

The "off white" is probabaly "slate"... Put a 3-blade on there like a Chopper,mazco, omc srx, HOSS props and it'll get faster most likely... The boat should run 90 ish when it gets right... What size is your jackplate..?

patches

i vote for a 30 pitch lightning et. there are a few cut choppers that will work well too. is this your first allison

Fishforcash

Learn how to drive it with the 4 blade first and then move to a 3. They are quick and dont be to liberal with the trim, they dont need much and be patient. They are fun to drive but take it slow and easy at first and dont try to get it all at once.

Congratulations and welcome to the Allison family.

mayberryrick

Yes it's my first Allison guys! I had a 86' Bullet before this one. Can't believe the difference in the ride. I test drove it yesterday in 25 mph winds and it performed flawlessly! I'll get some pictures on here as soon as possible. Would anyone want to trade props? Just let me know what you have. This 4 blade 28 trophy is brand new.

Texan

Call Bill at Allison. He can fix you right up. I checked with a plexyglass place south of Hamburg, AR the other day about a new windshield for my 03 and they told me they didn't make replacement windshields for Allisons.

mayberryrick

Yeah, I checked with him this morning. They are $55 new but I didn't know if someone had one layin around that switched to the wide console.

john4utvols

Call L'burg marine 931-762-0959. There are several props 3 blades lying around, I'm sure Steve will trade with ya. Ask for Steve.

RedAllison

Congrats and welcome too the family. You got the speedster from the get-go so enjoy her and take your time learning her.

Word of recommendation if it hasn't already been done, I'd get solid mounts, carbon fiber reeds and chitcan the oil injection on that motor!!!

Then all ya gotta do is STAND ON IT SON, :at the bar
RA

mayberryrick

Thanks guys!!! RedAllison, all that you specified has been done but the reeds. How expensive of a job is that? And what will it gain?

amosXB03

Nice looking boat, welcome to ALLISON OWNERSHIP.

Never driven your model but the 28 trophy was a good prop for me mine had the ally cut, and performed really well definately a good prop to learn to drive an ally with

RedAllison

Thanks guys!!! RedAllison, all that you specified has been done but the reeds. How expensive of a job is that? And what will it gain?
Pricewise send Jeff Calbaugh a PM (Hotprop on this site) he's the ace wrench at Glenn Reynolds and can set you up.

Mainly it's for safety/insurance. You might feel some more snappiness on the bottom end because the fiber reeds are lighter than the stock steel reeds. Primarily though the main reason is so you wont lose a piston/cylinder if a reed breaks. Your motor has some age on it, those steel reeds WILL break. With fiber reeds they wont hurt nothing.

:beer:
RA