New Allison Owner

Mad_At_M

Well....I bit the bullet. Picked up my XB-21 2+2/250xs from LLM in TN on Monday. I have one word.....WoW!! I was worried about the $, but once you drive one, none of that matters. What an awsome machine. It glides across the water so smooth!! Handles like a sports car! I'm not real sure yet, but I think I am more of a man compared to last week!!

I only have an hours worth of seat time so I still have much to learn. It has what looks to be a Trophy 27 Prop. It is probably me but I cant get it out of the hole worth a crap so may need some prop help and/or Jackplate/Trip setup help.

Twice I stopped for diesel when someone said "never heard of an Allison" Not a suprise, but somewhat comical when you try to discuss it with them. They just looked at me with a glazed/confused look.

Anyway......I'm Stoked!! Can't wait to get it out again!! Would relish an opportunity to get on the lake with some of you guys for some play time.

K.Kiser

Well....
I
Twice I stopped for diesel when someone said "never heard of an Allison" Not a suprise, but somewhat comical when you try to discuss it with them. They just looked at me with a glazed/confused look..
I used to try Myself, but stopped quite awhile back... Now I just say "oh, well I like them" then compliment their boat and go on about My life... Allison's are a superior niche' boat, and We're niche' people so we'll never quite "fit in", but we'll be ahead and for longer... That's enough for Me...

Congratulations on the finest serious bass boat under the sun...

papasallison

2011 FastPass MVP
Congratulations on your new boat. Welcome to the family. If you have any questions, just get on here and ask. Someone will have an answer. I have a 2 + 2 with a 225 Merc. I live in Hot Springs, AR. There is a whole bunch of Allison owners over in your area. Look them up and they will help you with anything you need. They are a bunch of good people, even though they are a bunch of Sooner fans. LOL.

David Shook

I hear you mad , congrats, take your time and be careful, no hell no Nail it!
Shook
shookboat.net

The Whip

Congrates on your new boat. Take your time and learn how she drives, when you get it all figured out then you will understand why Allison's are the best bass boat period...

Manny

reward69

The 27 trophy is slow out of the hole. I had one modified by performance propeller and this helped the hole shot but its still nothing to brag about. Just got a Bravo I XS but hadnt had the chance to try it out yet. Congrats on the new ride, I've only had mine two months and loving it. By far this is the best boat I've had experience with. Also check your throttle adjustment. Mine was (way) off, only opening about 60 to 70%. Made a world of difference in all aspects of performance.

Mad_At_M

Yep....SW OKC Bob. If you hit the lake sometime, shoot me a PM. I will check my throttle adjustment.

I am excited about this boat. I'm gonna hit Tenkiller this weekend for a few days of seat time.

xb03fs

I am excited about this boat. I'm gonna hit Tenkiller this weekend for a few days of seat time.[/QUOTE]

You will be more excited after you run it. CONGRAGULATIONS!

On Tap

Congrats on the new Allison!

I'd check w/Ed or Larry at Linda's Lakeside Marine (I'm assuming that's where you bought it as you have it listed as LLM).

They are very knowledgeable and (in my experience) are very eager to help!

Enjoy your incredible boat...