new 15 ft allison

randybob

this the first Jack Barsh built 15 ft. Allison out of the original molds I will post more pictures when complete

K.Kiser

I Had a heavy ported 200 with a cut down mid on a 16' and it drove like a dream.. The original owner in 1983 ran 1800' drags with a ported 235 omc on alcohol with a 28 pitch prop, yikes

LakeAnna

I Had a heavy ported 200 with a cut down mid on a 16' and it drove like a dream.. The original owner in 1983 ran 1800' drags with a ported 235 omc on alcohol with a 28 pitch prop, yikes
There used to be a couple of the 16's around here with V6 power on them. They where always fun to watch!

Darth VMAX

I would wonder how much more effecient one of these are compared to say an XB2002. Sure the older boat its smaller and lighter, but beings the XB2002 is built on more modern hull design I would be really interested in the difference. Smaller on a less effecient hull may just equal out to a wash to a bigger more effecient hull.

whipper

I would wonder how much more effecient one of these are compared to say an XB2002. Sure the older boat its smaller and lighter, but beings the XB2002 is built on more modern hull design I would be really interested in the difference. Smaller on a less effecient hull may just equal out to a wash to a bigger more effecient hull.
My {guess} is still very efficient. Lighter pad vee with no hull in the water = efficient. Not to mention a lot less money to buy im sure. i think just a fun factor boat for rivers and smaller lakes. Be a great started boat for a teenager.

Lotus 50

I think it was John Tiger who answered the speed question, new 20 vs old 15. John got more than 80 out of an SS2000 with a 115 Etec years ago for trailer boats. The kilo record for a15 foot 99 cube V bottom is about the same,with similar power. My memory is that he said the smaller boat would accelerate better and be more fun. Maybe he will read this and correct me.

bigtis

Stupid question, but what would it take to make the frond deck walkable and fishable with a spot on bow for a troller? I would love to have something like this for my son and god kids to go fishing out of with a 40hp

K.Kiser

Before the 200 merc I had a warmed over 140 omc, and the fuel efficiency was excellent.. Not a fair comparison i know, but my xb02 comp with a promax being driven in a manner intent for economy still wouldn't manage economy of the 16'/ 140hp that I pretty much tried to keep floored.... ( Edit: the 16' weighed about 360-370lbs bare

Last edited: