Neal's old XB21 is for sale

champ198

The ad says "small wreck" but it involved two vehicles, a boat, and a large flatbed lawnmower trailer that broke loose and knocked down Neal's truck and boat like bowling pins. :LMAO:

Neal's truck and boat were totalled in the incident. The boat/mtr/trailer was then sold at auction by the ins. co. for $15K recently. (worth that for the motor) It had been sitting out in the elements for over a year as it was wrecked on Labor Day 2011. I would expect the existing motor, new carpet, batteries, and a new trailer would be included for that asking price on a salvaged boat. I probably wouldn't buy it knowing what I know and having seen the accident pics, but it might be a good deal for someone who is ok with the condition it is/was in.

http://www.lawrenceburgmarine.com/index.php?option=com_rdautos&view=detail&id=84:used-boats-used-boats-2008-21xb-pro-sport&Itemid=122

GotMyAlly

The only thing I'd add is that if someone works a deal on that boat, I'd get Allison to check it over very thoroughly. Maybe the damage was just cosmetic, but as hard as that hit was, I'd want Darris to confirm that. The boat/trailer bounced over the utility trailer hard enough to break the spine of the trailer bunk on one side. I don't know how much force it takes to break a 2x6 or 2x8 on it's edge, but I'd want to know that the stringer in the hull that delivered that blow was still solid. There was also some stress cracking on the keel near the front, I assume from twisting, so check that out really close as well if you're in the market.

xb03fs

I called same trailer boat is stripped no electronics no trolling motor no batteries

GotMyAlly

I called same trailer boat is stripped no electronics no trolling motor no batteries
Those items stayed with me. Only electronics I left in it was two smartcraft guages........they're the low-end one, system monitors I believe.

Ask 'em if they have the keys..............LOL. :big grin

xb03fs

It still has the two smartcraft guages and the trailer has one new fornt axle.

At 25K for a stripped wrecked hull is a stretch....considering there have been some in that range non-wrecked with acceories in the last 3 years that have went in the mid 20 to upper 20's.

When I told them to call if/when they are willing to take less than 20K....they said it will sell for 25K and they arn't budging, there is a ton of interest.

When asked about the salvage title they said Tenessee boats don't have titles, and when I apply in my state it will have a clean title. Same with the traielr.

I also think the first new owner is taking all the risk.
THey will be the one to find out if the hull is still good to go or if it craps out on them....

PS if anyone is selling a 2+2 in the 20-25K range, I don't care what year I may be interested after the first of the year.

GotMyAlly

Tennessee does not have boat titles. In Mississippi, it's optional. The reason the insurance company took nearly a year to auction it off is because they applied for a salvage title (I assume in MS....since I had it registered in MS, accident happened in MS, insurance company claims office was in MS). That was likely a CYA in the event that somebody repaired it and a subsequent owner got injured. It was sold at the auction with that salvage title. But that title could then be thrown in the trash and the boat can be sold with just a bill of sale in TN. Sounds more like NO TITLE than CLEAN TITLE to me.

xb03fs

The no title sale seemed sketchy to me also. When I asked if they checked the stringers they directed me to call the fiberglass company I did not call them due to finding out it was the same trailer and a stripped boat.

GotMyAlly

I believe the only way to check the stringers are to cut the floor out of the boat or separate the top cap from the hull. I'd be real surprised if they did that.

The third party marine adjuster told me that the trailer frame was not bent, but he made that assessment based on a line-of-site judgement. He did not put any measuring tools on it. If I were to have kept it, I would at least replace the spring shackles and hardware. That front axle took a heck of an impact.