Mercury Racing parts

Dave Hensley

Used to be able to find dealers online like Doller Offshore where you could pull up any Race engine and get the microfiche drawings with all part numbers and prices. Where did they all go? It was real handy.

Dave Hensley

We are definitely becoming dinosaurs with the 2.5 stuff. With the Allison's like the 2002, 2003 and 2001 needing the lighter motors and the fact these boats are timeless hopefully parts won't dry completely up.

RBT

I keep reading that parts are drying up..... you can buy EVERY part for 260/280 and drag right to complete motors. Yes you have to buy a mid cowling powerhead and gearcase but FACT is they are readily available.

suicidealli

I keep reading that parts are drying up..... you can buy EVERY part for 260/280 and drag right to complete motors. Yes you have to buy a mid cowling powerhead and gearcase but FACT is they are readily available.
Yep, just not as many good used parts as there use to be..
Can't get the small hippo rods, and sporty small drive shafts are getting hard to come by. Just costing more money for the new stuff..

Roy

RBT

The props hafts have superseded, that sucks but there is no good reason to run the small rods.
The ecu,s have superseded too, but the rest is there

ace

you can buy EVERY part for 260/280 and drag right to complete motors

848039a84-2.5 DRAG long block
818141A9-supersedes-847522a9-280/260 rod

Still Available as are many of the High Performance parts.

ace

So the rods are Chatfield?
818141A9-supersedes-847522a9-280/260 rod
(MERC NET Part #S)

Would have to verify with Merc High Performance to see if the superseded # is a Chatfield Rod.

Last edited:

BGohr

Used to be able to find dealers online like Doller Offshore where you could pull up any Race engine and get the microfiche drawings with all part numbers and prices. Where did they all go? It was real handy.

Why do you want some microfiche cards?

As far as the rods go I believe there are two, what we would call the light rod being the 260/280 rod and I think all 5250 rods have been sst to the CNC'd rod.

Dave if you need rods I'm having seeveral sets done now.

BGohr

yes I am I had 137 5250 rods and figured I needed to do something with them. I just had a set cut with just the outer profile done, thats where all the weight difference is, then I had another set done with just the outer and the inside radius, I'm going to weigh them before and after, just to see what part of the process really matters, doing the flat in the middle does the least, and costs the most really.

suicidealli

yes I am I had 137 5250 rods and figured I needed to do something with them. I just had a set cut with just the outer profile done, thats where all the weight difference is, then I had another set done with just the outer and the inside radius, I'm going to weigh them before and after, just to see what part of the process really matters, doing the flat in the middle does the least, and costs the most really.
Curious to see what they weigh...
Roy