Mercury prop issues !

fishnfireman

I thought it was just the labbed Pro ET's that where going deaf or cracking. I assumed they are thinned which would make them even more suseptable to cracking. Of course everyone knowns what ***-u-me does. Are they having problems with the stock (non-labbed) Pro ET's as well?

Harvey
Of the 3 Pro ET's I have personaly seen which were "deaf" in one ear.
Mine was the only labbed one. The other 2 were (non labbed)

Blueally XB21

Thanks for the info Mike. I personally have yet to try a pro et. I was tempted to try the non-labbed version based on reports of over all performance increases and handling. Sounks like I need to wait until they get this issue resolved.

On a side note, did you ever get your air ride seat design done? If so, put up some pics for us.

Harvey

fishnfireman

Thanks for the info Mike. I personally have yet to try a pro et. I was tempted to try the non-labbed version based on reports of over all performance increases and handling. Sounks like I need to wait until they get this issue resolved.

On a side note, did you ever get your air ride seat design done? If so, put up some pics for us.

Harvey
Yes I did ----and it's the deal for a broken back.

I sure wish they would get it resolved.
because that one I broke was the best performing prop yet on my rig.

landar

I have already broken two of the Pro et 26" pro finished props. On my third now. They seem to last 2-3 months.

stoker

like someone mentioned i also think it is a structural design prob
My best boating bud with his 300XS had three of the Pro Ets warranteed (broke clean at hub) averaged 22 hours,and finally gave up and went with the Chopper2
He too hopes Merc gets the prob resolved as we both agree that they are an all around badass performing wheel

David Lanham

This discussion is why I cyroed all my props years ago. So far so good and this includes my now 10 yr old mazco Re 30 which is known to be a blade thrower.

biller31

Just talked to another friend with one deaf ear on his 30-Pro e.t. Doesn't know if Merc is going to warranty it or not.

whipper

Warning! Another ProET broke a blade after 30 min use to a S&F member. Broke his skeg also. I would stay clear of these props because someone is going to get hurt or killed they are so bad! Merc should do a recall and fix the problem. Its an epedemic with these props. There have been so many breaking and causeing skeg damage in the prosses that I would even sugest a sticky about the dangers of these no good props! It makes me angry to see these props still for sale! I dont want to be flying down the lake when someone with a proET on is comming the other direction and looses control because Merc wont fix the problem. Stay clear of these props and demande a refund before you sling a blade at high speed with these things! If this happen to me I would be all over them and the media.

fishnfireman

Warning! Another ProET broke a blade after 30 min use to a S&F member. Broke his skeg also. I would stay clear of these props because someone is going to get hurt or killed they are so bad! Merc should do a recall and fix the problem. Its an epedemic with these props. There have been so many breaking and causeing skeg damage in the prosses that I would even sugest a sticky about the dangers of these no good props! It makes me angry to see these props still for sale! I dont want to be flying down the lake when someone with a proET on is comming the other direction and looses control because Merc wont fix the problem. Stay clear of these props and demande a refund before you sling a blade at high speed with these things! If this happen to me I would be all over them and the media.
I agree..

mine was bought 2nd hand over the internet or I would..

Some of these guys who have broke more than one and were the original owner..should start pitching a fit.

At first some thought ...aww it's just the labbed ones---or it's from running them to high----or it's just the big blocks...WRONG....Mercury knows which ones were poured with the inferior metal..and they should step up and do a recall...before they do get someone killed !!!

landar

I just broke my fourth one in ten months. I was running about 80 mph last week and slung the entire blade off. No warning at all. I check my props before and after each trip. It was a terrible pour. There was a terrible void where there was no metal just as in my other broken ones. I am looking for another option but haven't found a prop that drives as good as these yet. the next best thing I have tried is a trophy and they have the same problem.

Joshua

I've never ran one but have been looking @ the performer SC 4. has anyone tried'em? If so how did it run? hec that drag 4 looks pretty sweet too.

whipper

I just broke my fourth one in ten months. I was running about 80 mph last week and slung the entire blade off. No warning at all. I check my props before and after each trip. It was a terrible pour. There was a terrible void where there was no metal just as in my other broken ones. I am looking for another option but haven't found a prop that drives as good as these yet. the next best thing I have tried is a trophy and they have the same problem.
Have you tried the hydromotive quad 4 yet? They are nicer than a trophy on my rig running. They can be run high also so better top end than trophys also. Hole shots the same but way smoother running feel to them. I like mine anyway. And Joshawa the drag 4,s are a sweet prop i had one for the past few years and ran it most of the time a 28. I like the Quade again though better for the same uses. I did realy like the Drag4 though. If I only had 275-300 to spend on a 9/10er it would be a drag4 again but if I had 350 I would buy a Quade 4 again. There boath great props I dont think youll get much argument on those two.

flatout

I have a 28 and a 29 inch Quad IV O/T 14 3/4" and they are by far the best props I have ever had. My XB21 goes into the low 90s no problem with just me and the 29" , high 80s with a tournament load and two up with the 28. Never had any cracking but I did throw a blowout ring . Todd sent me a new ring. (tks Todd). The early props had only 4 spot welds holding the blowout ring on and they would fail. I have a 27" and a 28" trophy, never cracked a blade but they are not smooth or as fast as the Hydromotive and do not have the holeshot of the Hydromotive.
Save the aggrivation and get a Hydromotive...
HG

Last edited: