Just purchased XB2003

Steve B

I am considering a 12 V ,don't tournament fish just fish in the mornings
That would keep the extra weight down.
I need to reinstall the live well pump, does any one have a picture or diagram of the original lay out?

THutch

I’m same as you, never tournament fish. I can’t tell any difference when I have 2 batteries vs 3 (s+t+t). I can tell when the balance is off.

I have an Xi5. I ordered 3/4” thick Seaboard and cut a piece to match the profile I needed. I picked up the existing holes in the boat to hold the seaboard (still using the rubber isolators) in place then mounted the motorguide quick disconnect bracket to it. The Xi5 has to sit so far forward due to the angle of the boat. It works great, is very strong, and kept me from having to add additional holes in the boat. 1523915240

Steve B

Thank you for the info, this will help on making a final decision on which trolling motor to purchase.
Does anyone know what brand or model the original holes in the boat are drilled for?

xb03fs

I would opt for 24 V and a single lithium trolling batteries if budget allowed. If you have a trolling motor already, I would opt for lithium batteries before a new trolling motor if performance is your main concern...

I agree with ^^^^. I ended up dropping down to two batteries. I use one of the trolling to start the boat and both for the trolling motor. I will eventually change to a single 24v lithium for trolling and keep a conventional for starting. I have other needs/wants more than the the need for a lithium battery at this time.

Steve B

Thanks for the info.
My boat has a brand new Sea star hydraulic steering and 200SHO Yamaha.
The hydraulic hoses are routed through the original cable steering holes.
When steering the motor it pushes & pulls the hose back and forth,
My last boat was a skeeter and with there layout the hoses stayed stationary and used the arc of the hose to move with the motor instead of pushing & pulling.
Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to install the sea star hoses on an XB 2003?

SlowHayden

Thanks for the info.
My last boat was a skeeter and with there layout the hoses stayed stationary and used the arc of the hose to move with the motor instead of pushing & pulling.
Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to install the sea star hoses on an XB 2003?
I’m currently swapping my dual cable over to hydraulic. I picked up the SeaStar set from Allison and it came with solid plugs for the holes where the cables ran out and I plan on just running the new hoses where my other rigging comes out and just having extra loop for turning like you stated.

gmorgan

My sons boat had the cable run through the original holes, and it linked the hoses which had to be replaced.

aj06bolt12r

Thanks for the info.
Please tell me you are going to tune that SHO

Steve B

Thank you, this helps.
My boat has a new 200 SHO Yamaha.
I purchased the boat late in the year and have only had it out once to break-in the motor.
This is when I noticed the steering hose rigging might be in question.
Unfortunately winter has now arrived so I cannot wait until the lakes thaw so I can get some more seat time.
The Yamaha weight 505 LBS, any one else have this motor on their boat?
My initial set up is a Hoss 26P .
Any feed back would be appreciated, I attached a picture of my boat..15269

RoseXB03

I ordered straight fittings for the cylinder instead of the 90s that came with it. That way hoses came straight out with other rigging and into cylinder, no issues and looked clean.