Just bought a Allison GS!

18ftswitzer

I'll have get call you soon and set something up. I'm runnn out of time to drive it though, I work till 5:30 everyday and have to work every Saturday now that is winterization season.

FlatOutAlly

I'll have get call you soon and set something up. I'm runnn out of time to drive it though, I work till 5:30 everyday and have to work every Saturday now that is winterization season.
Offers from EXPERT Allison Drivers/Riggers/Historians don't come ever day. I'd make time if I were you. Hell, I can half drive and I'd STILL take Sam up on an offer like that.

whipper

Offers from EXPERT Allison Drivers/Riggers/Historians don't come ever day. I'd make time if I were you. Hell, I can half drive and I'd STILL take Sam up on an offer like that.
Never turn down an offer from an Allison Legend. Well maybe in his own mind.:big grin Heck Ill fly down to take some lessons and bring a video camera and a pen and paper. 18ftSwifter or should I say 20ftAllison dont pass this up. Heck Im 200 miles from Alaska and I was out all day today just got in. I was taking Video of my buddy jetskiing. If theres no ice on the lake theres still boating.
Today.

whipper

It's Wednesday here in the states. Must be a different day up there inside the (arctic) circle? Where can I get a job like this??? unreal... :relax:
I dont get it? Sift work,Ahhh Cold but it was hot today? It was also wednesday hear... nope he must know that? I give up?:at the bar

whipper

I work alot and when Im not im at the lake. I take time ive earned and go boating every chance I get.
Unless it -2 thats were I draw the line. Trust me Neal you don't want my job! Sam one of these days I'm coming down that way. When I do Ill be looking ya up and hope you can take me for a high speed run.
Ill buy the gas you just stab the gas. And if any Ally owner is passing threw to Alaska ya got come buy hear. Ill take you out if I know your coming. I can always take time of my Job.:big grin 18swifter when I bought my Allison i bought her in South Carolina. The fellow i bought her from Brian is a very experienced driver I was not in anything over 60. I spent a 4 or 5 days down there and Brian took my out and was teaching me how to drive her. I took a pen and paper and a video camera and filmed the whole time we were out. Watching how to counter steer and were the gages were ect... When I left I still never got it but I had video and notes. It wasn't long and I was doing 90 for the first time. I can honestly say if Brian hadn't took me to 90 every time he hit the gas i never would have gotten it for a much longer time than it took. Theres nothing better than instruction from a guy who knows the do,s and the DON'T,S especially!! The Baker Boys have been in Allisons along time and a guy like Sam can save you time and how to avoid getting in trouble. These boats can do funky things if your not schooled on what to look for and do above the 80 mark mostly. Like should you go over that wake at 85+ or not? Some time you better or else. At 90 pluss with a full lip should I just back off on the throatle or should I trim the jack down then the trim or boath trim throatle at the same time? Weres my prop shaft hight on the gauge and with this prop can I run it higher with more trim at this speed? In one outing you can know all these things that are very inportant for your servival. Invaluble info is there and any thing you do the wrong of the above can be bad news. Your on the right track asking lots of Questions. Thats what this Forum is all about. I asked and still do a billion Q and Ive always got an answer that helped. You will be a better boater for it.

Last edited:

whipper

No mystery here..... your work schedule sounds like obama's plan for the planet. Translation.... Here in the states we work during the week. I think it's great that you don't have to. Nothing more, nothing less.. It's a joke, James......
Oh:banghead Im a shift worker. 2 on 3 off so it rotates every week. We were the only ones onthe lake again. It was a bit windy today and burned almost a full tank in one day!!!!
I put some extra oil in knowing i would be running WOT for long distances. I must have got some more air threw my ears than normal. Hears a clip of my buddy jetsking hes getting better. http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/whipperr/?action=view&current=pics304-1.flv

Last edited:

whipper

I understand, Mr. Whipper. Shift work and astronomics. The days will get longer in 6 months. ;) Use the time you can.
:big grin Ya tel me about astronomcs. Its dark buy 7pm all ready and we havent rolled the clocks back yet. Working tonight 5-5.
Took some overtime while the weather is turnning for the next 7 days straight. Hopefully we still have decent weather some time in Oct to get some more days in. Its been realy good weather. They just changed the forcast again. Highs around 50F and lows in the 30,sF. Perfict weather to try some big numbers. Now if I only had a prop for those big numbers.http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-79_metric_e.html

18ftswitzer

So today was my first day out by myself. I used a 40lbs bag of water softener salt for cou twr weight. It was windy so I had to run about 50 yards offfshore to get some smooth water.

My set up- 28 Mazko, 1/4 tank, prop shaft 1" below pad.

The best I could get was 81.1mph @ 6500rpm, I tried trimming up a little more to get some more rpm but it didn't make a difference. I also tried runnin 1/2" below the pad and I couldn't get the rpm's any higher. It was about 57 degrees today, so I don't think I'm going to get any more.

18ftswitzer

I went out again today and the water had some tiny chop and about 60 degrees out. I changed my prop to a 32 chopper, and ran it 1/2" below the pad, which from what I understand is low for that style prop.

So the results were 94.1 mph @ abour 6300rpm.

I am really happy with the mph, but now I want 100mph! Ill post some pics when I get them on my computer.