Jim ruck art

JaySmithRacing

Very nice Chad......

The old fart does very good work...

I'm finding that WIDE and TALL transfers and boost ports are the ticket on my latest 260's I've built..

Jay

Last edited:

Myron

Didn't ruck introduce the idea to merc to use nic?????? I know he didn't invent the nic.
I run nic sleeves in my banshee now. Just built it 2 days ago. Should be another hot 2 stroke.
if I am not mistaken it was developed in Germany, Porsche was using it long before Merc

Myron

the very first of the merc motors that were nic were sent to Germany to be done that is where they also started using Mahle pistons

h2oskiier30

He is still working. I think he'd like to retire...just has to find someone to buy the business first. At least, that's what he tells me every time I call and talk to him. LOL

RBT

I heard Jim sold, and was training the new guy.
Nicasil is GERMAN, it was the good stuff, expensive to ship across the pond twice.
The new is Nicom from US chrome.

h2oskiier30

Not the first time I've heard that the EPA made them quit using nicasil. What was the problem there?

JaySmithRacing

I think the Nic application process was worker unfriendly and a health risk by US EPA/OSHA standards.

I've worked in Europe and thier standards are,how can I say it, kind of lax toward a company employee's long term health concerns...

Jay

suicidealli

I talked to ruck about the 280 block he did for me. Anyway he didn't have any influence on using the nic. He just installed the first set of aluminum sleeves. That was 2.4 block.

Roy

boat doctor

Ruck Machinning !

New owner,in Jan. 2012 ????

Opssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:very sad

Who.........???

John S

What are you achieving when you open up the exhaust chest? Ive seen a few 260's where this has been done, and man, is there a lot of material that gets taken out.

(Note to all that know me- No way, no how, is anyone putting anything sharper than a plastic spoon near my baby. This is just for informational purposes)

chad202

It allows the motor to breath better. Couple that with some compression and you have a beast of a motor.

D.Ally

So i see alot of people just do the ex chest why not go deeper and do it all , dont u need to do anthing on intake side when u mess with the chest ?

Dave