Jasper Roll Call

badbait

Huntsville 63
Birmingham 135
Chattanooga looks like 20, butt I don't know if a Ca. flight lands there?

Heres a pic from the WAR07, your the one on the right hand side of the pic.
Yep that's me on the right. I better get me one of those pictures I may never get out in front like that against Lou again.

Last edited:

SLOmofo

He has a hard time pinning it on the holeshot as the boat shoots out and prop walks uncontrollably
Sort of like this? This was a take off series early this year. I heard it's somewhat tamed now.

Attachments

GFinch

Gary,did you take that pic of Bush and when?
He did a DSRA race this spring Progas with reported 500+hp V6 OMC motor (no spray) and smoked the field
He has a hard time pinning it on the holeshot as the boat shoots out and prop walks uncontrollably
I did not take that pic. Butt it was from the Texas race this spring. He's mentioned the takeoff is less extreem now. Two weeks now, I'm excited!!!!!!!!:help

GFinch

I haven't been told yet. Maybe theres a Rescue Mission close by. Cardboard box. I'm not real picky, just as long as there arn't any goats I keep hearing about............

On another note I'm showing up with this guy so he can show me the ropes so to say. This is typical pic of my motor butt it's not on my boat.

Attachments

badbait

On another note I'm showing up with this guy so he can show me the ropes so to say.

Gary, I think I've heard enough. Hope it works out for you.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I'm flying into Atlanta on Thursday night. Will try for the America's best value. Driving from Atlanta should be there around 9 or so, flight lands at 6:23, so with the typical delays should get there around 9. Have to leave EARLY Sunday morning, but I should be there for the river run and all the Saturday races. The thrillride with Christie and Marty sounds like a blast, equally awesome would be catching a ride with Bob and Rowena--whoever wants more ballast. Thanks for the offers y'all!! :beer:

Last edited:

stoker

Sort of like this? This was a take off series early this year. I heard it's somewhat tamed now.
Dave and i go back a ways and talk/email at least every other week.I am trying like hell to get Dave to run with us "off the rope" this November In Pheonix at the IHBA World Finals
If you cats want to see the quickest outboard in the world,Jon Wright will be there in NOv. with his Hydro "Tinkertoy"
I watched it run 7.90s last year,blowing a motor at 3/4 track!!!!
Jon pitted right near us last year http://firebird.ticketforce.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=45

Attachments

Last edited:

GFinch

Dave blames me for being a gear head.

Please accept my apology for the wrath I have brought.

It really wasn't my fault, he was young and impressionable. Now the shoe is on the other foot as I now am truly in AWE of him.

pirogue

I did not take that pic. Butt it was from the Texas race this spring. He's mentioned the takeoff is less extreem now. Two weeks now, I'm excited!!!!!!!!:help
i was there and he almost cleared my family off the bank during his very first launch heading to the starting barge. he was bad arse!! incredible to watch.

I'll be there trying my new rig. were staying in chattanooga at comfort inn.

GFinch

No, I don't have anything that would be a contender and if I did I don't think it would fit in carry on luggage of the plane I'll be on from Calif.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Anybody have details on the fri river run? Where it starts, where to meet, etc?

badbait

Lou, Larry and I will be there a day earlier. We arrive in Nashville late Thurs. and may just stay there that night and drive up to Jaspar early friday morning. If we drove to Jasper after arriving we wouldn't get there until after midnight.

Chummy

2fast, the run starts at 11:00 or noon and at the Shellmound ramp (same exit as the races just turn the opposite direction as you would to go to the race site).

fischnrod

I can't believe Chattanooga don't have flights, and it's only 20 miles away..

Bob Ant

Hey Lou,

Since the temperature on Friday for the run is below 75 degrees Rowena bailed out. I'll be solo so you got a seat if you want it. I am taking off work on Friday so I'll be camping at Marion County park. Putting in at SHellmond around 11:00-12:00 . YOu get lost call me. 423-718-0737.

john4utvols

Me, the wife, and the kids are going down on friday night, I believe we are staying at the same hotel as Marty, and Jaber Jaws

badbait

Bob, Larry and I will be in Jasper 8:00 AM Friday morning if you need a couple of passengers we would be glad to pay your gas and lunch. I'm just getting ready to head for Sacramento to fly out. My cell number is 530 321-4141. Or if anybody else has room for us.