Jasper Roll Call

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Thanks Bob!! I'm at the airport in Phoenix right now should be in Jasper LATE tonight. I'll call ya--got an extra lifevest? I forgot my lifeline..

Lou

PS Finally mkade it to America's Best Value Inn, did some laps around saw a few groups no friends yet!!

LOTS of STV's here!! And a HDS Venom or two.

Last edited:

badbait

Say, who would I contact about the $60.00 video of both days of racing at Jasper. I have never received the copy that I paid for.
Does anybody have a number for the folks that did the filming?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
It was Dewey, Cheatum & Howe LLC video productions. I paid cash and never got mine either, Bill.

Maybe it's still being edited. :laughing

badbait

Gary, thank's for the number of the people that did the Video's. Terry said that this is the first time they had done any of these races and the editing took a lot longer than expected. They now have some new winners. Aman won both of his classes and Mercury powered A-boats won the rest of the races. lol

Last edited:

GFinch

Bill,
Uh, okie dokie artichokie.
I got's a question for ya.
I took a video of Bush launching, and he was pushed off then started his engine and idled off to the staging aera. The question is was that you on the dock? Just have a view of some ... man with .... hair from the back. Looked like he was taking a video or pics also.

Speaking of Videos sure would like a copy of the one we were talking about before.

I got's a 4" thingamabob but haven't tried it yet.

GFinch

Oh....you say it's your memory thats short..

So were you on the dock? I should post the vid if I can figure out how.

ALLISONMAN

glad someone got me winning!!!!!!!! lol and a good race between dixon and bush both in unlimited trim would be a race!!!!!!! a lbs per cubic inch rule would put it all in better perspective!!!

Larry D

You are right Bryan, the NHRA pounds per cubic inch rule would be the way to go. But i don't think you will ever see that in boat racing. I don't think the guys racing the smaller cubic inch motors against the bigger ones have any explaing to do when they get their butts kicked. After all i don't think Greg Anderson would ever try to explain why his NHRA prostocker got his butt kicked by a IHRA mountain motor prostocker. later Larry D

Mr. Scary

It's not that simple unfortunately either. The Mercury engine is a turn-key race motor where as only a precious few people have had the time and resources to make an Evinrude work. I'm waiting for somebody to make a big block Mercury work - nobody's really spent a lot of time on those for drag racing.