I'm hooked

sam25

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everybody. Can't wait to call myself an owner of one of these fine machines. I'm from Gulfport MS. by the way

suicidealli

You adjust by imbibing copious quantities of "pie," and before long, you're talking just like "them!"
That will do it.. Takes me about a week after I get home to talk without a twang......

I was hooked the first time I saw one run!!!!! The guy came in, and said his 260 wasn't running right... It would only spin 7500, and 108 mph....

I was running a 17' Norris craft with a hot 2.4, and running mid 80's....
I was 60 hp over the max for the boat... That was 91,92. Back then mid 80's was running in a bass boat.. I didn't take my boat off the trailer til he left..lol

I knew then I had to get a better hull.......

Roy

whipper

Great story Roy! I wanted a XB03, or a STV euro for ever. Then a buddy up hear flipped his STV and was in coma for a month and 7 years later still cant think or talk very well. Thats when I decided to go vee hull. I saw Brian's GSE in Leesvile Sc and bought it sight unseen and made arrangements to go have a look the next week. Well what a sight when i flew in to South Carolina and drove my rental to Leesvile Quality Marine. Brian,Mark and his dad were all waiting at night in the garage when i got there. Next day we went to LK Murry for a rip. I was in aw the hole week i was there. I couldn't wait to get the GS home up north. It took another month before the transport truck could bring her cross country to Blaine Washington. Thats were i drove her the other 1000miles over the border and north.
What an experience!! Been in love ever since. She cost me 10 grand more than what Brian wanted with all the transport and exchange cost me 20 cents on the dollar! But I would do it again for the right hull. But only for an Allison Hull.

xb03

Well, the first Allison I went to buy was 11.5 hours one way and was not what the owner said it was. The second Allison I looked at was an 8.5 hour around trip, once again not what the owner advertised. The third time was the one and I'm glad I held out because it was everything that I had wanted color, 225pm, 15"mid, sportmaster, ect, and all original, for a deal I couldn't pass up. I also bought it a year ahead of schedule :wink.

whipper

Well, the first Allison I went to buy was 11.5 hours one way and was not what the owner said it was. The second Allison I looked at was an 8.5 hour around trip, once again not what the owner advertised. The third time was the one and I'm glad I held out because it was everything that I had wanted color, 225pm, 15"mid, sportmaster, ect, and all original, for a deal I couldn't pass up. I also bought it a year ahead of schedule :wink.

Nothing like getting what your expecting sooner than later no doubt also. Make sure ya tell your buddy Sam that story over and over.
He,s saying after sept when the child is born? Ill be surprised if he can wait that long. :beer:

Alli-drenaline Rush

That will do it.. Takes me about a week after I get home to talk without a twang......

I was hooked the first time I saw one run!!!!! The guy came in, and said his 260 wasn't running right... It would only spin 7500, and 108 mph....I was running a 17' Norris craft with a hot 2.4, and running mid 80's....
I was 60 hp over the max for the boat... That was 91,92. Back then mid 80's was running in a bass boat.. I didn't take my boat off the trailer til he left..lol

I knew then I had to get a better hull.......

Roy
:gasp:gasp

procomp

Bought my Grandsport sight un-scene. Had my Dad pick it up and store it for a few months and then tow it 25 hours north for me. He lives in Louisiana all winter.

SLOmofo

Only saw them in ads until a Clear Lake club tournament mid to late 80s. A XB2002 was tied up to the dock with no one around. Next one I saw was at a local lake late 90s XB2003 with a 280. I bought that same boat XB2003 mid 2000s without the motor. Never rode or touched one before I bought this one. It now has a little Johnson on it :wink

Bobalouie

I got hooked without ever seeing one. My uncle told me a story about a guy that he got teamed up with in a tournament. The guy had an XTB21 and they were fishing about 30 miles away from the weigh in. About an hour before the deadline, my uncle made the "well, I think we better get going" comment, and the guy just told him "nah, we still got time", the same thing at 45 minutes, and at 30 minutes my uncle said the guy threw his rod down and said "lets go". Apparently, they made it to the wiegh in with quite a bit of time to spare. Thats when I knew Allison was the boat for me.

So, I started looking on the web about them back in 2000-2001, and finally found this site, way back when Kevin from FL had it. Thru this site, GrandlakeGAR offered to take me for a ride in his XB03, and then I was really hooked.

I figured I wanted an XB02, and 8 years later I finally had the cake to get one. Had it for 2 years now, and I wouldnt trade it for nothing. When I ride in friends' bass boats, it just kills me when it takes 7-8 seconds to plane off, and all I wish is that I had my boat so they could experience what a real hole shot is.

whipper

When I ride in friends' bass boats, it just kills me when it takes 7-8 seconds to plane off, and all I wish is that I had my boat so they could experience what a real hole shot is.
Ha Ha I feel the same way. I cant wait to get out of there boat and back in mine,take them for a real ride...

ROBERT CROSS

First one I saw, 1979 Thunder on The Ohio, stuck with me all these years.

BTW...it won the VP race. I believe it was the first APBA sanctioned event.

Bob
:very happy

Last edited:

aeneas

I have wanted an Allison since 2006 when I got to know about them, I knew I just had to have one. For obvious reasons I had not seen an Allison IRL as they are very rare in Europe. I also bought my boat unseen from a distance. After getting information and photos regarding a couple of boats I decided to go for a red one. The boat looked mint in the photos and the title was in order so I sent a money transfer. The boat was then shrink wrapped, transported from Pensacola FL to Brunswick GA over the Atlantic to Germany and then on to Norway. When I opened the shrink wrap I was stunned over the condition, finish and build quality of the boat! It was worth every penny and more! Even the trailer looked new! Good clean and wholesome people to deal with and must I add – I am hooked!

sam25, I hope you find your boat soon!

Last edited:

Alli-drenaline Rush

I figured I wanted an XB02, and 8 years later I finally had the cake to get one. Had it for 2 years now, and I wouldnt trade it for nothing. When I ride in friends' bass boats, it just kills me when it takes 7-8 seconds to plane off, and all I wish is that I had my boat so they could experience what a real hole shot is.
Thanks, Bob! I feel better now.... I've wanted one ever since I got smoked by an XB21 BasSport Pro / 300XS on Amistad..... I guess if you are going to get smoked, there's no shame in getting smoked by an Allison.... :big grin

Still waiting BTW :gone fishing

GotMyAlly

Bought my first one in '03 I think it was. That was also the first one I ever rode in. It sat in my garage with no power for several months before I worked out a deal on a 225X, so I really didn't even get to ride in an alli for several months after I actually owned one. It looked good sitting in the garage, but wasn't much fun with no power. I was floored by the ride the first time out. I thought I was giving up ride for speed. I couldn't have been more WRONG.

Been hooked ever since and had a few since then.....just got #4 last month. Hopefully this one will last me a LONG time.

patches

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everybody. Can't wait to call myself an owner of one of these fine machines. I'm from Gulfport MS. by the way
DSRA has a race there May 5-6. You should come out. There will be quite a few Allison's there. Mostly XR2001's but some of just about every kind. Let me know if you come. The Dock is an awesome venue, I'm sure you've been

xb03

Robert, there sure are a lot of two thirsty five Johnsons in that picture. Yes Patches, we know all to well about the dock :at the bar :beer: = :embarassed and sometimes :help
I have to work that weekend, but might see about taking off I wonder who's all coming form the A-board?

BigCountryx

My neighbor had a couple xb2002 when I was a kid. He'd take me fishing every once in a while, what a difference from my dads Cajun Special. Wanted one for twenty years, just got my first one last year. Never lookin back now, except to see the other brands in the distance.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Thanks, Bob! I feel better now.... I've wanted one ever since I got smoked by an XB21 BasSport Pro / 300XS on Amistad..... I guess if you are going to get smoked, there's no shame in getting smoked by an Allison.... :big grin

Still waiting BTW :gone fishing
Many thanks to baitcaster, suicidealli and etnprop for motivational Ally rides and opportunities to pilot their Allys!