I'm hooked

sam25

New guy here my name is Sam. I don't own an allison yet, right now I just have an old really tired procraft that has seen better days. I took my first ride in an allison xb 2003 a very good friend of mine has the other day in some white cap weather and I'm hooked. The boat rode awesome and faster than any boat I've ever been in. Hopefully beginning of next year I can start seriously looking for my first allison, would love to get one now but my wife and I just built a house and are expecting our first child so it will have to wait until he is born at least. Just thought I would introduce myself to everyone.

Iowafshr

Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoyed the ride. Did you go with a member from here?

Keep an eye out there is always good deals popping up on here.

skewby

sam i no the feeling 3 years ago i rode in an 03 and and ss of a friend of mine and it hooked me. finally bought an 02 at thanks giving. still learning to drive it, but having fun trying... lol

whipper

Cool Sam welcome to the board. BTW were ya from? When get a min fill that part of your profile out. It helps guys in your area to hook up and what not. If you really want to get even more hooked and see all the different models and maybe get in ride in some you and xb03 should head to the Allison Rally in the summer for a few days. That should get ya really hooked even to the point of needing therapy!!:big grin

JOEALLY

Stanton Sellars (xb2003) carried me in my 1st ride in an Allison back around 2003-2004; I've owned 3 Allisons since.

Welcome

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome! Got into Allisons after aaronmt got his GS, and he got into them after riding in John R's boat. John Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. is no longer allowed to play here though.

xb03

Sam you'll have one before you know it! At least you got to ride in one, I had to go to youtube for my first ride lol.

ROBERT CROSS

Welcome to the addiction Sam...:laughing

It's really Kool how many of us bought ours AFTER riding in someone else's. :smile

Sez volumes about the quality of what Darris and the gang are building.:at the bar

Same thing happened to me after bumming a ride in one after a local BM tournament. Erie was in funk that day, that ride stayed with me and when it came time, an Allison was the only one in the hunt. Took 18mo to find the GSE, but well worth the wait.

Bob
:shock:

jimbob88

Welcome. I would highly recommend heading to clifton for a day or 2 during the fastpass rally. You can walk up & down the beach & check out all the allys. Lots of years experience there as well. most of them talk funny, but you learn to adjust....

Alli-drenaline Rush

Welcome. I would highly recommend heading to clifton for a day or 2 during the fastpass rally. You can walk up & down the beach & check out all the allys. Lots of years experience there as well. most of them talk funny, but you learn to adjust....
You adjust by imbibing copious quantities of "pie," and before long, you're talking just like "them!"

xb03fs

I had never seen an allison in person. I have still have never rode in any other allison. I just wanted a fast fish and ski...I am addicted, I know I will never own another brand...I just cant decide what I would like to try next a 2002 to go faster.....or a xb21 luxury liner....I guess since i cant decide the 2003 is perfect for me but if I was loaded I would have one of each.........

Last edited:

Allyfishing

My first ride in one was the one I bought.

Roy
Same here...never even saw one (until I saw the one I bought) other than in a B&W Mag from 2003 when the XB21 2+2 was introduced. I KNEW that I wanted that boat from the pics and the story!!!!

Enjoy the search!!!

resqu-u

Same here...never even saw one (until I saw the one I bought) other than in a B&W Mag from 2003 when the XB21 2+2 was introduced. I KNEW that I wanted that boat from the pics and the story!!!!

Enjoy the search!!!
Welcome to the board :beer:!! I've only ridden in my xb2003. I've been hooked on Ally's since I was 7 or 8. My dad and I got passed on the tailrace canal by an 02 and I couldn't wait to own one. Only thing I'd change is to have more folks close by to have fun with. Not to many Ally's around my area. I hoping to hook up with RobShaw this summer some time, and maybe make it to a Rally.

David Shook

Well a big welcome Sam, all Allison's will haul ***, but if you really want to get down, hollar at me and i'll find somebody that can take you for a quick ride, Just going on brother, good luck with the new baby and hope you get an A boat soon !!!!!!
Shook

Buckmaster

Stan also took me for my 1st ride and now I own a xbo3 280 used to own a 20cc bullet and i still like bullets but no comparison to me I'm hooked for life cruising 80 my top speed is 94.4 tourney load with 2 people lol IM In love just talking about it