Hydromotive Props

Myron

I need some reports on Hydromotive Props. What boat, engine, setup and prop, what was your best speed and holeshot. Thanks :D

WT

props

I got one coming Quad IV O/T, I will let you know result. :) From what i know they are better holeshot than chopper but not as good as Trophy. They turn on mid to uper range and handle real good from what I heard.

Ally03 200xs

Top Speed Setup and Variables:

28 Quad IV O/T
- XB2003
- 200xs with 14.5 inch setback running around 1/4 below the pad
- 1/3 tank of Gas
- two batteries (One in middle and one in passenger's side compartment)
- Motorguide Tour Edition Trolling Motor
-Various fishing tackle in the boat (30lbs)

90.23 gps (Note - I had Todd re-work the prop a little to get me some more rpms and speed)

Hope this helps...

JGray

I have been running a 26 Quad IV O/T on a XB03/225 PM at 4000' altitude for a little over a year. The boat had a 30 Chopper II on it when I purchased it. I can turn the Chopper to 6200 rpm/85 mph, and can turn the 26 Quad IV to 6600 rpm/85 mph. Not a big difference in hole shot between the two with a light load (just me), but the Quad IV is better with a heavier load. What I have noticed, is the Quad IV comes out of the hole okay with one or two people in the boat, starts bogging down with three, and really struggles with four people in the boat.

The only thing I am not completely satisfied with on the Quad IV is the hole shot. It will rev to 4000 right off, climb to 5000 just before breaking over, and then seems to let go with rpm's shooting to 6300 as it breaks over, dropping back down once it hooks up. It feels like it's loosing bite when it shouldn't, and I think this is what is affecting hole shot with a load. The Choppers I have run rev to 4000, climb to 5000, but don't "let go" on break over like the Quad IV does.

I have also run the following props on the same set up: 22 Chopper (small ear), 23 High 5 and 21 Trophy, all loaned from a local dealer (looking for a ski/play prop). Surprisingly, the 22 small ear chopper comes out of the hole better with 4 people in the boat than with any of the others except the High 5. The Quad IV drives and handles nicer than any of the others by far. The engine seems smoother and quieter, and the ride quality is definitely better, especially in rough water. We have tried water skiing with the Quad IV with mixed relults--worked great at low altitude, but wouldn't pull an adult on 2 skiis at 4000'. This tells me a 24 Quad IV may have been a better choice for heavy loads/skiing. I may give Hydromotive a call and see if there is any tweaking thay can do to improve my hole shot. If successful, I couldn't ask for more in a prop.

GotMyAlly

XB2003/225X
1 man fishing load - 8 rods in the locker, 5 planos up front, worm bag in the back right.
2/3 tank of gas
cooler in rear left
two group 27s, one in each side
anchor in the center in front of gas tank
14" setback, 1/4" below the pad running a 28" Hydromotive OTIV balanced and bluprinted and 'outboard cut' by Todd
Runs 93-94 depending on conditions

TBuck2003

J.Gray

Call me to discuss putting some relief or vent holes in the prop.Easy fix and will be back out to ya same day.May just need to open up xisting holes for you.N/C Call me at 330-425-3629.

Thx
TBuck