Hydraulic or Manual Jackplate

fnshrmaster

Called on the manual, wonder if they sell a full 14" hydraulic? Forgot to ask if they are CMC units or made locally like the manual unit. I have a spacer plate right now with the 6 inch CMC. Perfect clean installation would be a full 14" Allison hydraulic. From what I have seen and read, they have the best quality units.

Jefferymartin

Probationary User
I have a Allison hydro jack plate an a set back plate i am selling Allison pump is on the back switch an gauge goes with it all works well want to sell it as set let me know i am in Tx $450 plus shipping

wc911

I have a 14'' Bobs hydro and I never use it. I made a mark on the plate to make sure its where I want it before I run the boat. If I had to get another one I would go manual IMO.

resqu-u

I'll be changing my plate/CMC combo also and planned to go with a 12" rapid jack. They seem to be high quality and easy to adjust if needed. The bullet guys rave about them. Is there any solid reason to stay with Allison over hydrodynamics other than spending more money with Bill?

ROBERT CROSS

If you run big water, the hydraulic plate sure is nice when you want to drop the prop for more bite in rough water. Although I never had one on my XB03, I wouldn't be without one on my 21.
^
X2

Sure is handy when the chop builds up on this little Lake we frequent......;)

Nice to be able to drop down a bit to smooth the ride.

Bob