How long

J

John Richied

I agree with Mike and no matter what brand of boat you own the people you hang out with can disagree with you, have a heated discussion and everyone CAN and will still be friends and get along.

As long as no one has lied, twisted the truth or made a personal attack on you.

I’ve seen it all too often where one guy will have a heated argument with another and that guys friends will come back him up EVEN if he is wrong.

One of my favorite parts of this Allison board is the Administrator (Kevin) is not on here trying to answer and make all of the posts, he had always been quite the opposite.

A good example was Headturns back in the Pat Malone days… He would try to answer every thread, and wanted EVERYONE to agree with him and what he said. If you remember that then you know it doesn’t work.

With that being said I have taken a year break from this board before and IN NO WAY is it directly connected to me owning my Allison. I could be ban from every boating board on the internet and I would still own my Allison, show up at rallies and enjoy the time in my boat and with my friends.

Crazyoz

Banned
Guys all your points have been made several times over. I like Red and yes he can be a smart a-s but so can I and everybody on this board at one time or another has been one. I like the Allison boat better than any boat out there and truly believe they are the best built and the toughest boat made. I also like this board better than all the others simpley because there is not as much bitching and fighting or talking about each other or wishing people dead like on some of the other boards I have visited here latey. So I will stay right here with the people of Allisonowners where you can get the best info and talk to the best people. So guys let it go and lets see what happens. We may all be a little surprised at what happens.

XSive

Has ra been an administrator ?
Is any one going to answer this question or perhaps just let everyone know what is going on with the Board or are we going to just dance around it for another week or two? We saw on another site someone posting that this board was going to be "under new ownership" (Of course that thread was deleted in the last day or so) and FF noticed Red was an Admin and asked a simple question.

All this avoidance and cloak & dagger crap just leads to speculation and rumors. Plus it does nothing for the trust and respect factor. Honesty goes a lonnnggg way in this world. (Well at least mine)

K

Kevin from FL

Red has been an Admin since last week when I ask him if he would take the job.

After 10 years of board drama, I've had my fill and ask Jim & Lou to take over.

fishnfireman

Thanks for clearing that up..
And thanks for ALL that you have done..As far as I'm concerned, This site is= KEVIN from FL.
I can see how you could grow tired of trying to keep the piece.
Best wishes and good luck. :beer:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
IMHO it is time to mend fences, no one on any board is perfect and most all of us "TYPE-A" owners tend to have extreme opinions that can either appear, or actually be, offensive to those they are directed at.

As co-administrator here (and I by no means have anything CLOSE to final say) I would like to extend a civil welcome to everyone who wishes to be a contributor here to the group at large--performance boaters who love Allisons and those who may own other brands.

Despite appearances, nothing has been cloak and dagger here--Kevin is simply fed up with this administrator task after many years of service to US and I don't blame him. I've been extremely busy with work and personal matters and have not been very active here for some time, but hope to be online more in the coming weeks.

FLYING BUTCHER

Kevin you have done an outstanding job. Didn't know you have been doing it for so long. Next two guys have big shoes to fill but I'm sure they both are up to it. Thanks Kevin for all that you have done for the "family" congrads to Lou and RA. Lot of work no pay?? Enjoy guys life goes by faster than a speeding Allison!!

Crazyoz

Banned
The Old guy is out to pasture. :laughing:laughing Thanks Kev if it wasnt for you none of us would be doing anything on here. Tell Teresa I said hello and we will see ya at the Rally. You can buy me another cold one. :beer::beer: We going to be bringing the kids down for a couple of days to see everyone. Lou and RA you boys are THE MAN, aint no way I could wear those shoes. Good luck and hope I can help. See all yall in two weeks.

RedAllison

I agree with the general sentiment that Kev is THE WHOLE, "SOLE POINT" and REASON for this board, the family spawned as a result, all the fun on this board for nearly a decade now and the wonderful days spent together at the rallies! We ALL owe him a debt of gratitude. THANKS KEV & MRS. T as well... :beer: I wish him the best and just KNOW he deserves a break, lay down the fire extinguiser & eraser to just show up with boat and party! :beer:

This is truly an honor for me to just have the chance and appreciate all the kind words and well wishes, :at the bar
RA

TN XB-21

Thanks for all your hard work on this board Kevin. I really appreciate what you have done.

You have been an exemplary Administrator!!!!! :beer:!!

We all owe you a debt of gratitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Dear

We really appreciate all your hard work. You have done a great job on the Allison board. We can't wait to see you at the rally. You and Theresa have been an asset to us and all the rest of the Allison family.

Edward & Monez
Texas Dear