Here she is with her bimini!

xb03fs

I just ordered one in Forrest Green I hope it matches as good as yours does silverbullet
I googled coupon codes and used the one below it save me $68 worth a try....
V98761

Westy

That looks great Silverbullet. Something you can do to make it a little more stable at speed is replace the plastic fittings with stainless ones. I did that on my old Astro and it worked real good up to it's top speed of 65MPH.

I need to do the same on my XB03 since it gets a little hot here in AZ. Supposed to hit 113

bullwhipjkg

I honestly don't know. Less than 10 lbs I'd bet.

The only thing that makes me wonder when it's laying on the back deck is this...guys say taking the rear bench seat back out is worth some on the big end. I wonder how much drag this is back there at high speed?
if im gonna run hard i put the boot that came with it on it and tie it down with bungees

90 5.0

i wish they pinned in and out, i would only want it on the boat when i had my gf and friends out riding in the boat and not when i was by myself fishing or playin.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
i wish they pinned in and out, i would only want it on the boat when i had my gf and friends out riding in the boat and not when i was by myself fishing or playin.
It's just 2 little screws, only takes a few seconds. I bet you could replace them with thumbscrews and it'd be just as quick as pins.

90 5.0

It's just 2 little screws, only takes a few seconds. I bet you could replace them with thumbscrews and it'd be just as quick as pins.
yeah but i would think screwing it in and out all of the time would wear out the screw holes and you'd have to make more etc.

xb03fs

yeah but i would think screwing it in and out all of the time would wear out the screw holes and you'd have to make more etc.
Even if it wears out the nut and mount I am banking on West marine having pleanty of hardware, I have seen a whole wall of bimini hardware, they are a little pricey but they seem to have all that type of stuff....I am debating upgrading to stainless or chromed hardware for the initial install just for athsethics..........

Jr in Jax

Before George Larson passed away he had a Bimini put on his '03 by a company down in Winterhaven where he lived. I talked to several companies around Jax about one and they looked at my boat and said it was too fast for a top and refused to make one.
I wonder where his [George's] boat is now?

delgrad59

Do you find the 36 inch height ok? Would taller be better or just more of a sail in the wind? I am 6 ft tall and want enough clearance where I can duck but don't need to crawl.

99hawk

Silverbullet,

What are the dimensions on your bimini for your XB 03? I couldn't find the info on the new site and the old links don't work. Thanks for your help.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really don't remember the dimensions of it, I know it's 6' long front to back, but that was a long time ago. Xb03fs may be able to help as he put one on after I did mine. Gonna put mine back in the boat tomorrow, supposed to be in the 90s next week at the rally.

image.jpg

xb03fs

If you remind me on Monday I can check my email history to see if there is anything from overtones I rarely delete stuff so it's prob still there

Jr in Jax

Thanks much for the info, I have found a Sunbrella Bimini that is supposed to fit my Grandsport at National Covers. These 100 degree days and no wake zones are just killing us. My one remaining Brain Cell is already cooked to a Medium-Rare.....