Help with hole shot.

Allyfishing

hooken, you are absolutely correct, the SHO, from what I have heard, has an incredible holeshot on most boats.

first work on the prop and load in your boat and then go from there. Maybe you won't need a foil. not many 21's running a foil but like I said before with my Pro I opted for one and it made a nite and day difference. And my holeshot was not near as bad as what you are experiencing.

try moving your cranking battery forward in that port compartment and unload your boat til you see how that works first.

I have been running my 30p XOB lately with my wife and I and all my fishing stuff and her stuff and hole shot is great. I have 1.75 gears and the first set of holes open and 2 of the outer holes plugged and the opposite open all the way.

My bravo has the first set open and the second set closed up. Better holeshot than the XOB

I'm no pro on these boats by no stretch of the imagination but you may call me anytime and we'll shoot the bull talking about your setup anytime. 570-657-0796
Craig

hooken203

Lower unit did help some. 4.5 seconds from idle to on plane. 70 degree air instead of 95 also helps as does 65 degree water instead of 80. Now for wedges to see what that does.

cj707

I'll sell u my wedges as soon as I take em out. I don't need em with a 3 liter ally foil. I can jump out of the hole with the smart craft at 3. Do yourself a favor and start with a foil. Everyone mentioned it for a reason

hooken203

I will have the engine off soon to install another power pole at that time I am going to install the wedges. Enough people have told be to try the foil that I have to do it. The lower unit I bought has holes already drilled for it so I will have to give it a shot.

robert

Even though my XB21 BasSport is for sale, until it is sold I plan on having fun with it. I recently (last week) received a modified lower unit done by JC and Kenny Shaw installed it for me. After reading this post on hole shot, come Monday I plan on calling Bill at Allison to order an Allison foil. From what I have read here it is a huge aid in holeshot.
Robert

hooken203

Sorry no updates. 30 inches of ice and a weather forecast that says -19 temps for tonight doesnt make for good boating weather.