GS Setup

ROBERT CROSS

Would be nice for sure because trimmed too for down and holeshot is slower because the motor dosent trim fast enough to keep the nose up, and too for up and the nose comes up too high on takeoff or will blow out too much... A trim gauge would be nice for holeshot for sure...
Just what I've noticed with my limited experience with the trim gauge....the hole shot is much more consistent when you know/have the tuck-in set properly. We run in some serious chop at times and with the gauge I know exactly where the optimum setting is for butt comfort. Drop the plate to 2" below and the trim to #3 and we're set.

whipper

I find motor at 1/4 below and bumped 8 bumps from all tucked down. Could you see one day if you remember what that would read on your gauge Robert? Thats were i need to be so i can catch the bow and keep it high enough so my slow trim keeps up also. So i just 11111111 8 quick bumps from all in. i can get away with 11 bumps also at take off. Theres very little to trim until im approaching 55-60 that way but hole shots a little bouncy. :)

ROBERT CROSS

Whipper,
I have the gauge adjusted so that #1 on the readout is just before I hit the stop. I did this on purpose to keep from stressing the pump when trimming down. We rarely run 'light' so my holeshot setting would probably be very different from yours. Best for me is #2 on the gauge at 1/2" below. BUT.....I'm still learning. ;)

Bob

xb03fs

I added a trim guage.......for holeshots.....

DOUBLE J

Guy's if you want to really get the optimum holeshot than you really need to get a digital delay with a trigger on the hot foot. You set the timer for a specific amount of seconds, trim down all the way and punch it. The timer will trim the motor out for a specific amount of time and all you have to do is fine tune the final few bumps. No guessing, no looking down at gauge, no counting seconds or "bump ups". After awhile you will find that you will need to set the delay so it doesn't come on immediately (say a 1/2-1 second delay). Glen Reynolds sells them and they work. Anyone and everyone that drag races uses these. I have one installed which I was using when I was drag racing the GS.

xb03fs

Yeah I have an underpowered bass boat. Don't think I am in the trim computer range

DOUBLE J

I thought of a couple of other things that we use for holeshot. One I'm sure has already mentioned is additional flotation in the setback bracket (i.e. soccer balls) and another is additional wedge. We add a large wedge between the motor and jackplate to give additional tuck in( anywhere from 1/8"-1"). Now this will usually only work with the 15" motors cause the whole trims system is trim. Of course on a 20" motor you have only so much trim than it goes to the tilt mode so your limited on amount of trim where as a 15" setup your not. And if really want additional hole shot bring the motor in from say 11" to 6" which makes a big difference also. These are somethings I found over the years playing with the GS and I don't want anyone to take it as I'm a know it all..I've just been playing with holeshot due to drag racing for sometime now.

whipper

Doublej i went from 14 to 12 to 10 then back to 12 now. 10 was for sure way better for hole shot for me. For loads better back a bit more so i computerize on 12. If i had a 260 or 280 6 would be cool to try!! ;) The flotation is so good to stop the stern from squatting it also makes you start an inch or so higher from the get go. Great tips i always learne somthing and everything learned is from this board! Nice to have people who share so we dont re- invent the wheel. haha i like the idea of those electronic trim actuators !! im like all down then 12345678 bumps up ready.:rolleyes: If I start to down my trim isnt fast enough to catch the hull when she breaks even holding it up !!. I for sure loose speed at the pad stage because i do the feel thing so I know im not over trimmed up top.