GS 2003.... wants to roll with driver only:

2003225X

I had a Excel side slide built. I had the 280 on that for 7 or so years than I sold the SS and bought a GS. The SS was at least 10 mph faster probably 15. I ran 115 with two sitting side by side. Never did run that hard with one while center steered. I think the boat had 120 in it tho. I did take the 280 off of the first GS I had and put a stock 200XRI on it and it would run right @ 90. So I would say a 280 is worth about 15 mph over a 200 on a GS. The GS I have now seems to be a little lighter and I'm running a 280SS on it which I like a lot over the 20" mid.
I thought you had run some real good numbers with the ss. I took my 225x powerhead off and had an 05 280 put on at the very end of last year. I only had a chance to run it a couple minutes to make sure everything was good to go. It seemed like a different boat with the 280 on it.

DOUBLE J

When I ran 115 it was easy to get there but the ride slowing down was always a handful. So, I never did try to max it out riding solo.

ziemer

Best I've seen with mine is 106...Stock 260 and a 25lb bag that I move around depending on what or who is in the boat with me. By myself it will either go to the passenger side or the middle depending on whether or not a cooler is in the back passenger compartment.

I also turned my slide to the side, so it slides left/right rather than forward/aft. This definitely helps. It's also helps to have long legs. Lol...

Best prop is a 28" Hoss Triton...I've yet to run a 30 on my boat, but I really don't see much more in it. Maybe 107, but I've really quit caring about it...I've seen 105-106 plenty of times and anyone claiming faster with the same setup would have to show me.

I will say this...without some sort of ballast, the boat will never fly straight. I've tried it more than once, and it's virtually impossible. Even in short bursts with a drag race setup and seat slid towards the middle, it still won't do it.

Good luck with it!

Nick...Ally has been starting to learn the last year or so driving sitting by herself. She's 11 now, and has started to get the hang of it. She's good to around 60 or so and is now starting to understand the "countering" of the wobble. :big grin

whipper

Some cleavers run well on the GS primarily only the uper end of speeds . The high rake old cleavers ran over 100 with a 225 promax. Theres better props for all round use. Hydromotives, Hoss, and offShores have been the favorites of guys that have run every prop under the sun. Todd Buck owner of Hydromotive on hear ownes a GS. He also has one of the best running Grand sports. He knows what prop will be best for your setup. The hoss Triton as Ziemer said has been the other good one. Because Todd works with us Allison owners and has a very good reputation as a stand up guy I would buy a prop from him. Not saying Hoss props is any different in this regard. I would buy a hoss triton in a heart beat. You would be hard pressed to find another 4 blade prop better than the ones hydromotive makes that run like they should on your GS. As far a 3 blade props hydro and Hoss. Dont wast your time and money with much else. Youll find good running props but not great running props else wear.

LakeAnna

Some cleavers run well on the GS primarily only the uper end of speeds . The high rake old cleavers ran over 100 with a 225 promax. Theres better props for all round use. Hydromotives, Hoss, and offShores have been the favorites of guys that have run every prop under the sun. Todd Buck owner of Hydromotive on hear ownes a GS. He also has one of the best running Grand sports. He knows what prop will be best for your setup. The hoss Triton as Ziemer said has been the other good one. Because Todd works with us Allison owners and has a very good reputation as a stand up guy I would buy a prop from him. Not saying Hoss props is any different in this regard. I would buy a hoss triton in a heart beat. You would be hard pressed to find another 4 blade prop better than the ones hydromotive makes that run like they should on your GS. As far a 3 blade props hydro and Hoss. Dont wast your time and money with much else. Youll find good running props but not great running props else wear.
Nothing wrong with a drag that Tim Hackney builds either my friend! :wink

whipper

Nothing wrong with a drag that Tim Hackney builds either my friend! :wink
:big grin Ya i could name a few more also. These do take some trial and error out of the equation for most though,including one of Tims. I love my Performance 28. But really its a very similar cut to Todds T3-X sport thats why I tryed it. couldnt find a t3-X and dint have a 28Chopper2 to send him for the Knob cut.

As we all say you cant try to many props. Theres a majic one out there with your name on it.:big grin