Grandsport

aaronmt

Mines not rite yet a but im runninin 12" set back ,225X a 30p chopper II alley cut with tow people the best ive seen is 92.8 on the limiter 6800. Im not sure what the prop height is exactly but im looking to raise the limiter and maybe some slite mods.Maybe next summer id like to try for 100mph or high 90s if I can get more hp and and more experience driving. Aaron

J

John Richied

Aaron you are doing a great job driving your new to you Allison XS-2003.

Low 90

whipper

I agree! She sure is a perdy GS
You will not hit 100 with out mods I dont think anyway. 94-97 is the best I have heard with a 225 on a gS. But hay never say never. There was a GS that ran a 32 cleaver I recal and posted some good speed but cant remember what it was? JR has tryed for the century with some mild head work and a 32chopper11. I think he was darn close or maybe has hit it? Ask JR what he did to get there it wasnt that many mods. Im sure it was just heads and the brucato ACU.

Last edited:

TBuck2003

1/4" to even will be the best height for solo flying.Depending on your weight you will need at least 55lbs or more in the left gunnel,or back in the cooler,I prefer both spots to split up the weight.I would have the rev limiter upped to 7200 and run the same prop at more rpms.More pitch with the existing limiter is not the right way,and just asking for trouble.100 will not be possible,unless you are talking about major internal mods.Bolt ons will get you into the mid 90s.Good luck and be safe and enjoy your xs2003.
TBuck

whipper

Yes like Todd said a 30 is the highest pitch you should go with a stock 225 on a GS. I hope I didnt mean run a 32 with a stocker thats not the way I ment it in my last post.:big grin JR hit 99.0 with a 30 at like 7300rpm? He was experimenting with mods to reach 100. He tried a 32 and I dont know the results with that prop? I think it was Glen Renalds or ? that ran a 32 Cleaver before I cant remember but those are not the prop for these hulls anyway. I gota wonder the speeds above 95 with a stock 225 that Ive seen posted? Maybe on a speedo but a GPS my tell a diferant story? I also distribute the balast the same way with one shot bag beside the pass seat in gunnel, another 20lber at the back of the gunnel and a 20lb battery booster vercroed into the battery compartment when flying solo. The nice thing about the Battery booster is when I have a passanger I just move it to the other aft compartment and that seems to balance her out for most passangers.

Last edited:

bigtis

run a 1.75 case and 100 may be possible without spinning the mota outa it's hp band. I seen almost 90 with a stock 82 vertical front 2.4 200. running rich
it's all in the setup. a 28 will be more effecient than a 30 or 32. Not saying I know it all, but I had good results with this particular setup using a taller gear in the case. i normally ran a 26 with the 1.75's

P.S. hope this helps:beer:

LAAllison

Aaron
You're right where I was w/ 225 Super Mag running 28 chopper 1/4' below with 8" set back. I never thought I was getting all there was but it was so smooth I didn't want to mess with it. What happened to your big Japayamma? I was really wanting to see how it would do.

Art

In God We Trust.

ziemer

Mines not rite yet a but im runninin 12" set back ,225X a 30p chopper II alley cut with tow people the best ive seen is 92.8 on the limiter 6800. Im not sure what the prop height is exactly but im looking to raise the limiter and maybe some slite mods.Maybe next summer id like to try for 100mph or high 90s if I can get more hp and and more experience driving. Aaron
Check and find out exactly where you're set at as far as prop shaft. Also, what gearcase? Sporty?

93 ish with 2 people is good either way though. :wink

props4u2

I have several customers with GS's running '95 - '97 225 PM's with 1.75 gears and 28p ET props @ 97 - 98 mph with two onboard. 12" jackplate, 1/4" below.

Lee