Fishing prop

zatchmo

Hey zatchmo....I just found this on the fastbass site and thought of you.

http://www.fastbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=81721

Interesting, Craig :beer:
It seems everybody has an opinion and very few of them agree, LOL. I'm guessing that has to do with the limited about of time most people have spent swapping out different props and trying different setups. I would imagine I'll fall into the same category and keep whatever prop I buy until I destroy it or sell the boat. I did pass up the Tempest for now. I have many months of cold weather to think about it. I'm going to play with my Hoss a bit more in the spring too, maybe see if I can get some work done to it to get it to come out of the hole better and relieve a bit of steering torque. You KNOW it's bad when you can feel it through your hydraulic steering...

Keep the opinions coming though guys, I like all the ideas and haven't ruled out a single prop mentioned yet.

bassracr

find you a 26 small hub trophy to borrow for the day, there is enuff of those around. this is probably the least expensive prop that will come closest to what you want to accomplish. acceleration is pretty good once the nose comes down, and with the extra blade surface of the 4th blade it will turn like a 30 on top. bow lifting and load carrying ability thruout midrange is excellent when you are loaded up for a tournament. since you can surface them..you probably could just switch back and forth from your fastest prop without messing with your engine height.should be able to find one in the $200 range. hard to beat for an all around cheap prop. as an added bonus when someone wants to race..you can trim your motor up and point to your prop and say.."well, i just have an old beater fishin prop on right now,..but... i guess ill run ya" ....just before you spank that a$$

bassracr

What's the difference in hub size? I read this every once in a while, but have never known the difference. Is the barrel diameter of the prop different?
yes, the prop barrel- hub/ is 4 1/4 in diam. for the small hub and 4 3/4 diam. for the large hub. the small hub allows exhaust gasses to pass over the blades to ventilate slightly and aid in holeshot. prop diameter is 13 3/4

Allyfishing

Is the large hub trophy the older one? I have only ever seen the Trophy Plus and figured they were all small hub.

bruce pitts

put a dah 27 srx on her 3/8 above the pad and let her run you will like it from coming out to the mid range and top end just try it

cj707

I ran an 03/280 for a long time. Don't waste your time with through the hub props. My best props were: Fishing-26 ally cut chopper, 28 drag 4. Light load-28 hoss triton, 28 ET. I think I still have a Hoss if u want. Fastest prop for your rig.