First gopro Clip today

whipper

Stable mount on the Gopro for a smooth video. Must be nice to have the lake to yourself!!
Ya 90% of the time its all mine. There was one other boat fishing. 25 min down the road there is real big lake so most just go there but its real busy. I like it smooth. There was some wind chop but nothing to bad.

whipper

Now that would be a BLAST!!!!!!! Ive often thought because other than when we go on Holidays i end up by my self and an XR would be the boat to bring for sure!. When headed out into the middle of the lake you can see the little white caps hear and there. The hull was pounding the small waves kinda like when your on the pad in a good ripple. It rattles your teeth so I thought the clip would end up bouncy. Thats why I didnt hold it and I kept looking for even smoother water a long the edges. The last run was the smoothest so the plan was to edit it and show the smooth run. When i watched it back noticed that it wasn't choppy at all must to my surprise so I didnt have to edit it. Thats a good thing because I dont know how yet!! haha:rolleyes: Normally the lake is GLASS and I go WOT up and down the center keeping my wake to the out side. Its a perfict lake to test stuff out. It was the first time out since October the ice just came off the lakes. I was just making sure the motor ran after a long winter. Bled all the fuel lines, fresh fuel charged battery 25 trophy in case there was debree still from high water and everything turned out great and worked well. It felt good to get behind the wheel again.

whipper

Ya its the Hero 3 from Costco I think it was 250 bucks. its a stick on mount on the top of the cowl. Since its black you dont even see it really. i cant wait to try it again. :]

flying07

Looking good! But where's all the chine walking like my videos? haha. . . .

whipper

Looking good! But where's all the chine walking like my videos? haha. . . .
Whats that? They dont do that ? :rolleyes: Ill tell you once you get it the first time. trust me you wont ever chine walk ever again. Thats why guys say its like riding a bike. Your wobbly at first but before long your riding with no hands without even thinking about it. its just like that. Ya need to get out for a solid week every day and only practice over and over again. an hour a day. Then ill bet buy the end of the week your riding with no hands. Balance is key! the counter weights need to be the right off set for your weight. im my clip you can see how im steering from the side. haha It looks odd never saw myself from the back before! My seat base is more to the centre and my wheel is way right. It slides sidways. Its real comfy but doesnt look like it in the clip.:D Its so easy to drive when balanced. I only tryed that to ditch some weight for offset. I was able to loose 25 or so lbs in offset. Lighter is faster.;) When i have a passenger i slide the seat to the right.

whipper

Nice video! Impressive how clear and stable it is.
Honest to god it was rattling my teeth the chop I didnt expect it to be so stable at all? Ya know when you have that chop and your right on the pad and it feels like your going over little speed bumps faster than cheese grader. Thats what it was like in the seat. I cant wait to try it on a flat calm day now. ;) Im going to try some different mount points. i would love to try one facing the pad some how and watch her get up on the pad close up some how? Those sticky mounts are very solid and extremely hard to get off with a blow dryer. Maybe if I mounted one to the mid facing toward the boat? i trust the mount. That might be a cool shot? Maybe to much spray Im not sure?