Faster than a daggone seagull

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hit a seagull tonight. At least it went under the boat instead of over or thru the windshield. Lots of fuzz imbedded in the rub rail.

I was afraid to try to slow down too quick and find out what a bat turn is so I just stayed in it. :) I suppose I was lucky I was playing with a 23 Trophy Plus and could only go 82.

xb03fs

Where's your rev limiter? 82 with a 23 Trophy.......I have a 24 hydtomotive that hits my limiter (6800) super fast in the low 70's

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luckily mom wasn't with me! I don't go very fast with her along anyhoo, 65 is pushing it.

I was showing about 7200 on the tach. Acceleration was brisk, I liked that.

Blue Gray in PA

You got lucky - one of my friends had a goose bounce off his trolling motor when he was cooking along and it went straight back the port side of the boat, bounced off the passenger seat and tumbled over the back in a cloud of feathers. Made a heckuva mess and he was lucky his fishing partner wasn't along or he might have been killed - that kinda weight at high speeds can really pack a wallop!

suicidealli

i hit a duck down in florida in the drag boat. he was coming accross into me. i slowed down, but it was to late. hit right in front of me. i ducked down, and his feet rubbed the top of my head. brenda was in the back laughing her a$$ off. he went down the back side of the boat back into the water.. it was some kind of all black duck, and really slow. im use to are ducks they will get the heck out of the way...

Last edited:

xb2003

I hit one duck running 95 a few years ago.lol Purple ****, feathers, and blood was down the whole side of my boat. Jumping mullet scare me the most..lol

whipper

Ahh....someone else with the same brand limiter I have.:gasp

It's a very temperamental device, impossible to change the settings.:confused

Bob
If its a brucato Robert and you feel the settings are not what you want call me. I played with mine for a good year {every single day} out before I got mine tuned the way I wanted it. Altitude plays very big roll in were the settings are if it was tuned for sea level and your at over 500ft above your probably rich. Im at 2300ft above and was very rich. The trick is to have your original settings writen down as a fail safe and always use the same prop when testing. You have to use a mignifying glass to get an accurate read were there set. One tiny move on the dial and it will change things. Mines set with a 7500 limiter and have blasted past there to 7800 a few times with a 25 or 26. I called Tony at least 20 times while on the water. I wrote every change speed rpm prop etc in a book every time. Read plugs every pass after turning the key off at WOT at least 100 times. I have about 30 sets of plugs laying around if ya need some.:big grin

I hit a few ducks and birds this year also. Me and buddy were flying along when a flock of smaller birds were right infront of us. They all decided to fly away taking of toward me!! tit a few and some just missed us we had to duck real fast! Try ducking fast at around 90 without moveing your hands on the wheel!!:big grin

suicidealli

a long time ago when i was a bad roy. we ran over ducks all the time... most of them went under the boat, and took flight afterwards... some didnt make it, but most did.. that was evil roy, i had to kill him..lmao

roy

Last edited:

K.Kiser

I hit one duck running 95 a few years ago.lol Purple ****, feathers, and blood was down the whole side of my boat. Jumping mullet scare me the most..lol
Jumping mullets have killed at least one boater that I've read... I won't do the math at the moment but I'd imagine anything over a few pounds or so hitting someone in the face at fast boat speeds would break a neck with utmost ease...

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luckily mom wasn't with me! I don't go very fast with her along anyhoo, 65 is pushing it.

I was showing about 7200 on the tach. Acceleration was brisk, I liked that.
Ahh....someone else with the same brand limiter I have.:gasp

It's a very temperamental device, impossible to change the settings.:confused

Bob
If its a brucato Robert and you feel the settings are not what you want call me. I played with mine for a good year {every single day} out before I got mine tuned the way I wanted it. Altitude plays very big roll in were the settings are if it was tuned for sea level and your at over 500ft above your probably rich. Im at 2300ft above and was very rich. The trick is to have your original settings writen down as a fail safe and always use the same prop when testing. You have to use a mignifying glass to get an accurate read were there set. One tiny move on the dial and it will change things. Mines set with a 7500 limiter and have blasted past there to 7800 a few times with a 25 or 26. I called Tony at least 20 times while on the water. I wrote every change speed rpm prop etc in a book every time. Read plugs every pass after turning the key off at WOT at least 100 times. I have about 30 sets of plugs laying around if ya need some.:big grin

I hit a few ducks and birds this year also. Me and buddy were flying along when a flock of smaller birds were right infront of us. They all decided to fly away taking of toward me!! tit a few and some just missed us we had to duck real fast! Try ducking fast at around 90 without moveing your hands on the wheel!!:big grin
I think he was talking about the wife brand limiter whipper!

aeneas

In the fjord in Sweden where I run in the summers (with a 17mph speed limit) the seagulls have learned to dive instead of trying to take off...