Fast or Quick

bc's xtb21

I've owned mine for six years and I've only had it over ninety twice. It felt like it was on the ragged edge (but I couldn't quit grinning for a couple days after) I've kinda settled for mid eighties on top.For me that's fast enough for an old fishing boat. But it still has a great hole shot running a 26p prop. So I'd have to take quick over top end but I'd still like to try a 29 or 30p sometime and try to squeeze the last drop out of it just to see what it will do. In the low nineties it felt like I was gonna bite a plug out of my seat.lol . Y'all guys running teen's, I couldn't imagine that . That's flat gettin on down the river .

David Shook

You boys need to take an old fishing boat run it a mile and quater one direction, turn it around and do the same in the opposite direction keep it on the pad in the 120 + range for two and a half miles , I would like to watch it , I.ve never got to watch anybody do it LOL! Yall be careful , somebody is gonna get hurt out there , Love my A boat friends , Yall just want to go faster and faster , Love it ! hope all yall will have a great New Year and make it home safe , Nail It!!!!!!
Shook

Last edited:

RedAllison

I do recall, at one gathering I attended, I was very impressed with the Stroker's running a Big top-end number,…..but it took a LONG way to do it,……not my game running a big case with a 34p. prop,…..

they wasnt interested in running 1/4…..1/2……or even a mile drag race…..LOL….and I wasnt interested in running 3 miles either,

But it was fun to watch those big boats run,
And remember Don BOTH of those "fastest" Strokers at those rallies were later totaled in separate wrecks! :help

There's just NO SUCHA THING as "safe 100+, mile+" runs. Sooner or later the odds WILL catch EVERYONE that runs hard, especially those running looooong distances on end! I just hope & pray they all "live to tell about it"!

michael j giesler

I have had fun with both I remember running in Gulfport in outlaw with a 2to1 and a short 22 my ally was snappy till I saw Harry race his blue ally against bob in a dr20 the lite went green and bob said holy **** Harry gone that's. Quick as far as fast it wasn't my fastest speed but running my gs with my girlfriend in the boat with me I ran between 98-103 for 27 miles after that my girlfriend looked at me and said I hope your happy I said dam that was a lot of gas

bc's xtb21

I know most off of y'all have seen this too,but when I was fishing a lot of tournaments there weren't many boats there that wouldn't run "bout 80" lol, at least according to the guys that brought em. IMO back when I learned to Drive a boat like an Allison, low- mid eighties seems like a threshold to me, once you get past that things start happening FAST. I know a lot of folks get killed at 50-60 mph, but once you put another 35-40 mph on top of that it's hard to react/correct when something doesn't go to plan. I've ridden with guys in Allison's and other fast boats that I was comfortable riding with and rode with guys in 70mph boats that scared the CRAP out of me. I've got a family and owe too much money to get killed now.gonna stick with quick.

mdevrow

Hooked twice last year Lost two skegs one at 80plus one at 70 mph banged my head both times Not Fun !! Love a Nice 80 mph cruise with the ability to Run up over 100 in short burst !! Only go around once Check Your Equipment !!