Engine height on XB2003/225 PM???

XB03AllyProud

Those of you that had issues with the SRX. Do they appear stock/Untouched? My 27 SRX ran great on Whitney's boat when I had it with 225PM. 91 @ 7000. But mine had been tweaked and B-B by DAH also though. Maybe in stock form they are off balance a bit? It was my best overall prop but I also didn't carry a load either. I'm curious how it will run on the XB02 with same motor if I ever get it rigged.

Allyfishing

OK, so now that we know that and what Brian (silverbullet) just told me over the phone we need to raise the motor back up to even with the pad (to start) and remove all the plugs on your trophy. What pitch is it? Do you need some help raising the engine?

Mick

You guys on this board are AWSOME!! Cannot believe how quick you all are to chime in and lend you expertise. Much appreciated.

There is a dah stamp on my Srx..

Craig I was gonna raise my engine tonight, (attempt) anyway. I feel a little better about it now that you've gone over it with me, than I did a month ago, and I've still got to get that ducer out.. Ugh. my goal
This week is ducer and engine height. So tm I will work on engine and if I run into any trouble, I'll shoot ya a call and we can try and get together.. I am on the look out for a ron hill signature (I believe is similar to a pro et?) or a pro et or drag 4.. Correct me if I'm wrong on props..

Gonna try removing vent plugs, but am pretty certain she'll run best with a 4 blade over hub prop. The trophy did run great when it'd get on plane..

skewby

steve its a 20 inch ridge back mid, i think only the smooth back miss had the option of bolting the plate in to block it off

Allyfishing

what pitch is the trophy that you have? Brian told me that a 25 or 26 trophy should be the best prop for your boat. Although he did state that a over hub like a pro et or similar will have a better hole shot.

GotMyAlly

I've always opened all the vent holes on my props and only added plugs (if needed) to get the slipping under control.

If you're carrying a fishing load, I think you'll like the over/thru better. The quad iv OT is the gold standard for that combo. The trophy with a similar barrel will probably work better than the srx with a load. The barrel of the prop acts as an extension of the gearcase and helps carry the load (not sowith an over hub like the srx). When I had my 03, I had my share of over hubs but I reserved those for beach days and ran a quad iv OT for fishing.

Mick

If anyone has a prop laying around they wouldn't mind getting rid of, I'll be on the lookout.. I really have a tremendous amount to learn, so keep
That in mind.. Someone also told me a ton hill signature is a cheaper version of a pro et. Any truth to that???

Mick

My trophy is a 26 ally cut and polish from Jwolff who was pretty sure it was done by Robbie. Not sure on the barrel length or anything else. I assume it was a stock trophy plus.

Allyfishing

mick, does it have 4 PVS holes?? And if so remove all the plugs (if there are any in it) and try it again after you get the motor moved up.

allimax

You know I never see much on here as to how one checks the prop to pad height. The laser deal was pointing at the nose and maybe that's perfect with the prop shaft, got me. I did learn how much slope there is to my garage floor and if I wasn't accounting for that I'd be off a good 1/2" in my measurement. My process uses a 3' level to get the pad level and spacers to get below the lip, a small 8" level for the prop shaft and a 6' level to lay under the center line and measure up from. I always have to shim the 6' so that it's also level with everything else because again, my garage floor is not.

Mick

Funny, when Craig measured my p to p, he too found out his floor was very off as well. I myself have gravel so not sure I could really get and accurate measurement.. I'm going to go off skewbys marks
That were scribed on my jp.

motobuffy

Current building codes generally require slope on any vehicle accessable floors to allow fluids to drain to the outside. I would think few garage floors would be level.

Allyfishing

Mick is correct. Where i did the first measurement my floor was off and I used the shim method back by the propshaft to get level. however, the last time I did it I moved the boat to a different section of the warehouse and the floor was dead on perfect. That's where i made the measurements to drop his motor to exactly 1\2" below the pad. At least within a sixteenth inch of accuracy.

Mick

Lol with the way Craig does business, I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer than that!