ELITE series angler just went ELITE!

RedAllison

I must admit that I had to look up Grant when I heard the news BUT from all that I've found, seen and heard of the guy he is a great guy to be associated with. (Look at it this way, we all KNOW that Darris & Nancy would NOT in ANYWAY allow their name to be associated with someone they didn't think was up to their typically spotless standards!) Between FLW & BASS Grant has $300K+ in career earnings so he's no .02c local stick by any stretch.

Unless Darris & Nancy have a serious change of advertising and such I doubt we'll EVER see the likes of a true "HUGE NAME PRO" like a KVD, Ike etc... or anyother current BIG TIME PRO in an A-boat because those guys don't just get memo-deals they get PAID for such endorsements and paid VERY well! I'm just glad to see the Elite tour get THE ELITE boat onboard! :beer:

I'm "cautiously optimistic" about the speeds we'll see the 225 Shammi put up with the 2 seater 21. An Elite Series angler is likely the ONLY person that carries more tackle onboard than myself! :laughing I'm going to guess that with the stock yammi case, 2man crew, FULL livewell & fuel tank, a true custom dialed in prop like an H-motive, typical summertime heat and humidity and LOADED like I said, I'm going to predict GPS in the 78-82ish range??? Still MORE than enough to handle ANY of the 250 powered sleds out there he'll be passing like their anchors are draggin! :twisted evil Now I have NO idea what kind of setup help Grant will be getting from Darris nor Yamaha so the final product will be interesting for sure.

Just wait til "the pros" see the 21 go by them in the ROUGHWATER while Grant has a smile on his face and both he and his passenger are bone dry and comfortable. THATS what kinda info I want to hear about when the talk is "behind the scenes"!

As for the 225/250 plate issue, we've all talked to alot of TDs and trails about such issues and most say "Come on" but some are forgetting that the mfgrs plate AINT the ONLY decision on the matter. Some particular trails say in their rules that the plate MUST have the word/phrase MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER on it! In such case the 225 is ALL that is going to pass that requirement. And that is EXACTLY why I went with a 225 on my own 21. Heck it's STILL a mid-80s-90ish BIG rig with just a "lil ol 225" on it. STILL AINT NO COOKIE CUTTERS comin by ya...

GotMyAlly

And that is EXACTLY why I went with a 225 on my own 21. Heck it's STILL a mid-80s-90ish BIG rig with just a "lil ol 225" on it. STILL AINT NO COOKIE CUTTERS comin by ya...

'cept that Triton that 'bout ate your lunch at the rally last year :laughing :laughing :laughing

biller31

I was at Allison today and the Yamaha guys are working with Darris. It is going to be RIGHT! I talked to Grant last night and he is thrilled! I'm going to meet up with him in a couple days at the Bassmasters Classic to talk boats and deer killing. :) We all know a 225 is plenty enough to motivate an XB21. He'll be fine and is excited about the new hobby aspect of playing with setup and all the joys that come as a byproduct of owning the ultimate performance hull. He's gonna do great and represent us well. He's a good man and fun to talk to and hang out with. I advised him to come to Allisonowners and get involved with us and I'm sure he will. He's got a lot going on right now but when he gets on here he's in for a lot of fun being a part of this family. He knows too that we ARE a family and is excited to be one of our brothers.

biller31

One more thing... he's fishing out of an Allison now. He's poised to be the next "HUGE NAME PRO" with that kind of advantage working for him! :)

jcoats3

Do you know were he will be at the classic, other sponsor boths. . Plan on going up Saturday wouldn't mind track him down and welcome to the family.

RedAllison

'cept that Triton that 'bout ate your lunch at the rally last year :laughing :laughing :laughing
Any of them can hang when we're rocked over on the starboard side & dragging 10ft of hull thru the water! That was 2012, I kept lookin for him last year but he dint show. With that current I was STILL rocked over on the starboard side but was runnin 87 & STILL climbin... :razz

RobShaw-BasSport

Ive seen Grant a few times on the Potomac in a Basscat. I think he moved from Maryland though? Anyway, I'm happy for him and Allison. I too have reached out to him to share what Ive learned from fishing tournaments the last 7 years out of a BasSport Pro.

Bullet and Allison on the pro circuits. Can Stroker be far behind? This could shake up the bass boat industry once John Q Public learns that high quality light weight hulls are actually stronger, smoother and better in all regards!

Biller, thanks for sharing that info!

Last edited:

spenccj1

Any of them can hang when we're rocked over on the starboard side & dragging 10ft of hull thru the water! That was 2012, I kept lookin for him last year but he dint show. With that current I was STILL rocked over on the starboard side but was runnin 87 & STILL climbin... :razz
:razz The guy with the triton from clifton is a local. It is a fast triton but he loves telling that story about running the Allison. He also thinks it's impressive to stay up with me although his boat has a 250 I'm running a 175. Lol. I could care less if his triton runs faster than anything there but one thing is certain, drive an allison, prepare that several along the way are gonna want to race whether you do or not. :razz

GotMyAlly

:razz The guy with the triton from clifton is a local. It is a fast triton but he loves telling that story about running the Allison. He also thinks it's impressive to stay up with me although his boat has a 250 I'm running a 175. Lol. I could care less if his triton runs faster than anything there but one thing is certain, drive an allison, prepare that several along the way are gonna want to race whether you do or not. :razz
:LMAO: See what you started Red -- you done gave a tritoon owner a case o' da big head :LMAO:

spenccj1

I never knew who it was till you posted this. Was two years ago and best I recall a stormy afternoon that we had to get gone from the beach ASAP. I've always just heard the story of " it was a red Allison" that should have been obvious I guess.

xb03fs

I never knew who it was till you posted this. Was two years ago and best I recall a stormy afternoon that we had to get gone from the beach ASAP. I've always just heard the story of " it was a red Allison" that should have been obvious I guess.
How fast this triton? Is it the 370 hp hydro tech yammy

RedAllison

lol, tell him anytime & anywhere! :wink I had so much "anonymous beach crap" scattered all around in there (at Clifton most of the time I've got someone's cooler, somebody else's chairs, someone else's beach bags, etc.... chunked in there to carry for them to the ramp/beach) that day the big red sled was GLUED on the starboard side & 80 was ALL she was gonna do dragging the whole right side. But if he wants to RUN then I'll HAPPILY show him whatta 225 powered 2+2 looks like as it disappears up on the horizon waaaaayyyy outin front of him!!! :beer:

catfish123

The price of those batteries will likely keep me on the fence for a long time. No way could I justify an expense like that.

GotMyAlly

If I replaced my wet cells with lithiums, I'd have to add that weight right back in the form of shot bags for balance. My batts are my ballast for solo runs. The only advantage would be choosing where to place that weight, front to back.

RedAllison

Red, have you invested in the new battery technology yet? I'm still on the fence.
Naw Rob & unless they get below $500 a batt in the near future I doubt I'll EVER switch. I'm about to put AGMs on my troller soon but honestly I doubt you'd notice enough "gain per $ spent" with the light batteries on a 21 as a 100#s really ain't enough weight to matter in our big boats. Now if I were setting up a beach racer or an 02 then yeah, I'd look mighty hard at $3000 batteries...

The Whip

All the best Grant. Many people here on this site helped me dial my boat when I first got it.

Manny Oliveira
BasSport Pro
300 XS