Double standard? Just plain rude? Just plain mean? You tell me.

22R

I know nothing !!! but I wonder how long before this thread goes "Poof" ???

Later,
22R

SLOmofo

Can you say "double standard"

Yep. Just like the Libtards...............

Todays controversy out here on the Left Coast in California. Governor Brown AKA:Moon Beam: talking to a union mucky muck, basically the union thug is trying to shake down Moon Beam for more $$$$ cuz Meg Whitman supposedly was offering the union more $$$$. After Moon Beam thought he had hung up it was heard/recorded someone calling Meg a Whore, for basically doing the same thing Moon Beam was already doing.

Wad Up! :beer:

aaronmt

I know nothing !!! but I wonder how long before this thread goes "Poof" ?of

Later,
22R
That in itself would show a lack of respect for the most basic right "freedom of speech" but I agree it will go poof.

The term double standard, coined in 1912,[1] refers to any set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another, typically without a good reason for having said difference.[2] A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain applications (often of a word or phrase) are perceived as acceptable to be used by one group of people, but are considered unacceptable—taboo—when used by another group.

A double standard, thus, can be described as a sort of biased, morally unfair suspension (toward a certain group) of the principle that all are equal in their freedoms. Such double standards are seen as unjustified because they violate a basic maxim of modern legal jurisprudence: that all parties should stand equal before the law. Double standards also violate the principle of justice known as impartiality, which is based on the assumption that the same standards should be applied to all people, without regard to subjective bias or favoritism based on social class, rank, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or other distinction. A double standard violates this principle by holding different people accountable according to different standards. The proverb "life is not fair" is often invoked in order to mollify concerns over double standards.

There is a distinction to be made between double standards and hypocrisy, which implies the stated or presumed acceptance of a single standard a person claims to hold himself or herself accountable to, but which, in practice, may be disregarded

:gasp

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are 2 year old comments the best anyone can come up with??? :rolling eyes

I guess some of you "West Coast Pinky Fanclubbers" just can't understand it so let me t a l k r e a l s l o w f o r y o u . . .

He's GONE like Hoffa!

Some obviously know NOT whereof they speak! Pinky wasn't canned for any "recent occurance". His history with this board (and many of the true long timers on this board) go waaaaaaaaay back before some of you were even members, probably before some of you even owned an Allison and certainly BEFORE any silly 2 year old comments. I wasn't aware Geraldo was investigating the "story". Honestly that topic turned gray, dried to dust and is now fertilizing the front lawn.

Have a good night, :beer:
RA
It's amazing what one can find by happenstance. No investigating, just watching some boat videos. Seems to me like if it wasn't a "recent occurance" and things go "waaaaaaaaay back", and if the topic has past the point of white dog crap, who's the one holding the grudge?

Bobalouie

That in itself would show a lack of respect for the most basic right "freedom of speech" but I agree it will go poof.
First off, this is not a slam about what aaronmt had to say.

That is one thing I have never understood. Everyone uses the freedom of speech argument when someone cracks down on something someone else posted. While we live in America and Freedom of speech is a constitutional right, message boards can be more aptly described as an Aristocracy. There are one or two kings with all the power and a few more "nobles" who wield some power as apportioned by the kings.

What this means is that if you crap on the guy with the power, expect that he may come down on you in any way he sees fit, and there is nothing that can be done about it. If you miss John, get his phone number and call him, or start a message board of your own, because chances are Red's not going to change his mind.

This is the risk / price you pay for being involved in a message board community.

Flame on!

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bobalouie, I completely agree with you on the power structure of a forum and how it's governed. My original post was just my kinda surprise how he would talk that way on youtube, but that kind of talk about anybody would not be tolerated here. I don't care how much you don't like a person, those things are just not appropriate to say anywhere about anyone, imho.

aaronmt

I agree with silverbullet somethings are just best on said.To make a post like that on youtube is below what id expect out of my worst enemies.I've always tried to stick with the theory "if I won't say it to there face I shouldn't be saying it behind there back".Let alone behind a key board.Just my .02 cents

Wicky

The Pac-10 is a weak football conference. How's that for picking on west coasters. Lol
Trying not to stray but, the PAC 10 is stronger than the WAC!!! BSU gets focked by the BCS no matter how good they are. I believe BSU vs Louisiana is coming up very soon on the schedule. If the WAC is weaker than the PAC then that makes Louisiana really weak if BSU wins!!

Yellowallison

This BEST explains how FUNNY this post is!!!! Join Date: Nov 2008.....Join Date: Mar 2008......Join Date: Jun 2009:LMAO:

Last edited:

aaronmt

This BEST explains how FUNNY this post is!!!! Join Date: Nov 2008.....Join Date: Mar 2008......Join Date: Jun 2009:LMAO:
Hard to to believe you can actually use a person's join date on board as a tool to judge there character.That my friend is very impressive.I hope your not letting your talent goto waist at a 9~5 job:beer:

Yellowallison

Hard to to believe you can actually use a person's join date on board as a tool to judge there character.That my friend is very impressive.I hope your not letting your talent goto waist at a 9~5 job
Yrs gone by i have SUM FUN with PUKIN with yu bout PINKIE......these days jus gunna sit back an :LMAO: at how LOST like a BALL n WEEDS yu are :big grin

subscribed.............:big grin

Last edited:

whipper

:same ole song:same ole song
:laughing Yep. I dont agree with BS and ussually dont try and distribute it but not perfict as no one is. This site is supost to be for helping each other to learn about our boats what works and what doesnt. Its very helpfull to me and makes me a safer boater for my family and self. Some people are funny folks and have a loose way about them and that is no reason to ban or talk down to them. Everyones differant. Some persons egos get in there way and that happens also. Not familier with the circumstances and really dont care one way or another. As for talking on other sites like youtube or what ever thats those sites and not this one in my opinion and anything said or done there shouldnt reflect whats done or said hear. They can deal with there sites as they wish. Theres a saying dont piss off the cook. Maybe thats what happen hear I dont no. But views and language are differant from site to site. Hipacritical maybe but again whos keeping track. Theres just to many sites were differs of opinion based on the sites tolerences alow things to be said there that wouldnt be tollerated hear. I like John he has done me no harm. I Pm,ed him the other day and have had numerous phone calls with him. Doesnt mean who I care for is who anyone else does. This just the way I see it. Not much to say in other words that hasnt already been said. I try and look at the lighter side. Johns post count is increasing rapidly on S&F now that he has one less place to post. He isnt to worried about he told me? So im not.

GotMyAlly

If you wanna suck john off, just go do it. You don't have to announce it on the board though. If you stir the pot too much, your bound to get chit on you too.

John got himself banned. There's probably more to it than most on the board know, but regardless of what you might think......nobody owes you an explanation. Move along now....nothing to see here.

Yellowallison

if you wanna suck john off, just go do it. You don't have to announce it on the board though.
..OUCH :LMAO:

POOR ole PINKIE has a BROKEN HEART for bein BANNED....... so he sends his do boys to do some CRYIN for him:big grin

subscribed:beer:

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
ouch........:LMAO:

POOR ole PINKIE has a BROKEN HEART for bein BANNED....... so he sends his do boys to do some CRYIN for him:big grin
Actually, he didn't even know this thread existed till several days later. This is all my own doing. I just laugh at all the childish name calling about some stuff that happened years ago. I know for a fact that my post would not stay up if I had originally told you guys to go suck each other off, but a mod puts it up and we're good to go.