carpet or not

bullwhipjkg

my carpet is finally done in my 2002 just trying to figure out if i wanna order a kit from allison (does anyone know the cost of a kit)

or do one of the bed liner style spray ins or roll ons

im really up in the air on this would be nice not to have to wait on carpet to dry but dont want to add anymore weight either

lookin for opinions :beer:

resqu-u

I really liked the Allison vinyl kit with the edge trim. There were two 02's with it done and both looked awesome. It's cheaper than the carpet kit, lighter, and faster according to Daryl at the factory. Shoot Kirk a PM. He has installed it.

Scott in MN

If you put the bedliner on thin it won't add weight. Bedliner is hard on the knees though compared to carpet.

DragAlly02

I seen a 2011 bass racer that had strait vinyl at Allison factory last year I was told that boat went to Texas. I will put it in mine soon it looks awesome

Carpet kit is around $350
Vinyl is less from what I understand

Mike

xb03

I have also been thinking about ditching the carpet. I would also like to hear more and see some pics of this vinyl.

alc

Justin the 2011 Bass Racer that Drag ally 02 was talking about was one I ordered for a friend. I liked it so I also installed it in my Bass Racer if you want to see one all me.Al

BigCountryx

The way the carpet layout is in an 02 it would be a perfect candidate for Seadek or Camo-Toad, the stuff is awesome. I would do it in my 03 but don't think the way the carpet wraps the lids would lend itself to this kind of surface very well.

resqu-u

The vinyl looks just like carpet with the border from a few feet away. I had to do a double take... I stood up on it after wetting the deck. It's for sure not carpet but I didn't think it was slippery. I agree with BigCountry about it in an 03, I would have to see pics. I know for sure it looks great in an 02 and would be super easy to keep clean.

DragAlly02

Thanks for posting ALC" your friends boat is sweet I didn't realize it was vinyl untile I felt it looks like carpet ! Very nice looks great and probly takes about quite a bit of weight out if one :cool know how much by chance?

Mike

John S

It depends on two things in my opinion. 1- How much you use the front deck. I have seen Scott's and it looks killer, but as he mentioned, its abrasive, and if anything like my truck bed, hot as hell. I imagine vinyl would be the same as far as being hot. I use my front deck as a lounge and for fishing, so carpet it whats best for me.

2- resale. I would say the majority of people want carpet in their rig, I might be wrong. It would look cool to have a white spray on deck though.

alc

It is about 8 lb. lighter when they are both new but after a few years of use I would guess the carpet would hold another 10- 15 lb. of sand and dirt from normal use. Some one ask if it was hot, not bad at all. I put black carpet in the floor of mine and the vinyl on the deck and all box lids just because the carpet is nice to walk on. The 2011 has the vinyl on the floor also and I didn't like crawling around on it when I was installing the Livorsie guages it the reason for the carpet floor on mine. The border is just sewed on @ Allison like what is on the carpet kit.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

The material used is decking material. They serge the edges just like carpet. Doesn't gain weight when wet, not slippery, impervious to gas, oil, fish attractant etc. I am putting it in a 1991 XB 2002 that will be for sale very soon.