Can't believe I did it

Dave Hensley

Passed my 1978 XST along to a new owner today. Just got to the point I knew I had to thin the herd and it had not been out in almost a year. Just not enough time, room or energy to keep it around just to look at. They need to be exercised now and again. 3 more to move out so I can concentrate on a couple I really want to finish.

22R

Congratulations on the sale !! New owner know about this site ? I still love seeing the older Ally's. Especially since mine is climbing into that category.

22R

Dave Hensley

"Thin the herd", what does that mean? Quit speaking a foreign language.
Let's see, "thin the herd" translated into English means....."thin the herd"......In lay terms it means no more room left, not getting to use any of them, they all require maintenance whether you take them out or not, tired of moving two things to get to one, dilution of effort means reduction of quality, all work and no play makes one pissed and tired.....:samesong: Oh yeah, another board member told me a poster to another thread called me a boat whore, that's really why I am getting rid of them.

skewby

dang dave why you get thinned skinned all of a sudden? i never knew you were one to wear your feelings on your shirt sleeve. lol

Dave Hensley

Skewby you know I have a thick hide. One thing is for sure, if I post something up I won't go back and delete it. Actually I replaced the 1978 XST with a mint 1992 XTB21 and a mint 1998 XB2002 with 280 SS. Now if I just had one bad SS........

ally2dextreme

Skewby you know I have a thick hide. One thing is for sure, if I post something up I won't go back and delete it. Actually I replaced the 1978 XST with a mint 1992 XTB21 and a mint 1998 XB2002 with 280 SS. Now if I just had one bad SS........
Did you get Darris nephews? Heard it was nice...

Allyfishing

dave keep the XTB til next years rally so I can see it!! I really like the look of the XTB's. I remember in my club tourny days fishing a state team tournament on raystown lake near state college and this one strange looking boat was there bigger than any I'd ever seen take off like a rocket and was gone in a heartbeat. That was in the late 80's or early 90's when bass had the 150 rule yet. I remember it had 4 seats and everyone laughed at it til it disappeared. It was an XTB!!!

skewby

daves place really is something to see. the pic of my boat in my sig is the entrance to allison heaven.