Buddy Camp's Boat

T-REX

Yea, Thats it....We wuz diskuss'in wher we should put tha battery, tank etc, so FC posted tha thread to git sum input...

It'z gitt'in ther, juss kinna slow.....

starbuck

I got enough glass on the outside to start grinding and cutting the inside.

I got the radius and the glass laid over it....

I went ahead and cut everything else out, and grinded the heck out of it... I am itching a bit, but it ain't nothin' for a stepper!!!

I will say this. I don't care for a transom redo from the outside. Buddy had cut this one out before he passed away. I like doing them from the inside. I think it has a bit more structural integrity. That is why I am going so far down on the inside to tie everything in. I think it would hold a 300 drag if some had the gonads to drive it!

And thank you Kevin. :)

T-REX

OK, I no ya'll don't wanna heer dis, an I don't wanna sound like a preecher, begg'in fer ya hard earnd'd money, but heerz tha scoop....

We iz to tha point dat I gotta spend sum money on this lil bote...I could build it like one ov mine, but, I want it to look nice, SO...I have had a shitload ov PM's and Emails from people volenteer'in money and parts, and I have told most I would let them know when I need'd what....OK, U guyz an Gals that have promised tha money, now's tha time...I have recieved 3 checks(who will remain a need ta know basis fer now, az not to blow anybodys horn)...That money haz faded fass...I need to buy materials to make seet covers, I still need a set ov match'in gauges(speedo, tack, water pressure, and volt meter...I have tthat many holes in dash!!)...Joe sent me sum guages and Tack, but I decided to keep them a match'in set...Like I said, it won't be as purdy az mine!!.....Paint, primer, thinner, and materials add up quick...We are also gunna try to blast off all tha old paint, so now we gotta buy sand or media to do that...Steer'in is still in the air...I have a hydrolik set up donated by evalution Marine, But I don't know if it will work bein tha std helm...I couldn't drive my big rex with a std helm, and this lil bote will prolly be even worse...(Todd, If it don't work, I'll bring it back to ya!!).....

FC haz provided pics so ya'll kan see tha progress(which may not look like much to sum, but believe me, thers a lot more time and materials ther than ya thank)...When FC iz finished wit tha transom and splash well, I will jump in wit him to git it prepp'd to paint, and painted...I know it wuz a personal goal to have this lil bote ready for tha first DSRA race, so it could carry tha flag to start tha season, and maybe I bit off more than I kan chew, But wit everbody that haz volenteer'd(money, help, parts, etc) It kan be dun...

Like I said, If this soundz like begg'in, it ain't, I'm juss lett'in everbody that promised monitary help, that it'z time ta panda or git off tha pot!!:toohappy:.........

I thank when this lil project iz finished, U guyz will be proud ta be a BYUBOYZ , and a part ov this project!!!...Many thankz......I made a promise to tha DAWG, an I will keep it, and I know he will know each an everyone dat haz had a part in this......REX:thumbsup:

starbuck

Update. Doing some glass work on the inside for a change!!! :)

Note: The really dark spots I ground down to my first lay up installing the transom. Again my reason for NOT doing a transom repair from the outside.

More to come!!!

FC... :eek:

starbuck

OOOPS sorry for the delayed update.

If some of you don't know how it is done, let me give you a little tour, although a virtual tour might be better, but I am way too cumputer stupid to do that...

In one pic you can see where I scored the surface... this will rid it of any "stickers" that might cause an air pocket.

Then I measure, cut, and fit the material. I am using 1.25 oz mat. This is in several pieces with over laps and doubles in structural places.

Then I use a 4" nap roller to apply the resin, and work the air out. When you are done, you throw the nap away, and clean the roller... saves on acetone and makes it easier. I used a 1.5" brush to do the corners. I mixed up about a quart and a half with 15cc of MEKP to do this.

High humidity from the rain caused a slow cure time, preventing me from finishing the transom today... One more lay up of a double mat from the floor all the way over and back down the outside will finish it. I have to put in what is left of the splash well and then make a mold to finish it out is next.

starbuck

I have to do a lot of grinding because I want to tie the whole splash well and deck to the transom. It should be bullet proof! I know it is hard to see, but I made a V grove over

K

Kevin from FL

I don't envy you going under the dash, I'd put it off as long as possible too Paul:smile

Thanks for all the work and the update.

merc2five

Paul & Rex picked up some epoxy primer, red urethane, & Imron clear urethane today. This thing is gunna be sweeeet !!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see the final step.
Paul, holler if you need any info on the paint & I hope the decals will work out also.

T-REX

Thankz David...The paint iz tha purfekt color!!!.....

Kevin, Paul won't crawl under tha dash till I leeve tha shop.....I thank he haz had sum type ov exsperience befo......He kan't git completely under tha dash, only hiz big ole ugly hed.....I thank he haz sum kinna hangup about leeve'in hiz lower exstremities exspozed wit sumbody else around...LOL

OH, David, I hope yo ear'z wuzn't burn'in too bad yesserday.....My truck wanted ta hook all tha way home, wit dem damm Allison decals in tha glove box!!!!.....:laughing

merc2five

OH, David, I hope yo ear'z wuzn't burn'in too bad yesserday.....My truck wanted ta hook all tha way home, wit dem damm Allison decals in tha glove box!!!!.....

LMAO

At least now I know why I keep runnin off the road ;-)

T-REX

OK Gents(an ladies)...Back to tha task at hand....

I would like to see the names ov our bruthers pass'd in our sport of hotrod boats, I don't wanna leeve anybody out.....seems the more I try to remember, the more I fergit....

Juss present names, and I will see if I have them listed or not...Thankz.......

Ya'll know what this bote iz for, so pleeze keep it in this era......Such az in Buddy's life az a BYUBOY(when he first surfaced with hiz 2002)...thanks, REX

T-REX

Lil update....Tha XR2002 project iz neer'in completion, and it haz leff the rotisery....Tha lil 16' hooka haz replaced it and iz rest'in nicely, upside down on the roticery, wait'in for it'z turn to go nex door to the blast'in pot....The roticery will also make it easier to lay sum needed glass under the deck....

We ain't fergot about tha lil bote, it'z juss been one hell ov a buzy 2008!!!:banghead