Buddy Camp's Boat

K

Kevin from FL

Mike (T-REX) and I have talked and I think this should be shared with all of the Allison Owners.

While Buddy Camp was still alive, Mike took in his 16' Allison and told him that when he got better he would help get it ready for the Ally Rally. Buddy was exited about the fact that he could come to the rally with his fixed up Allison. As we know, Buddy has passed but not the love for him, his passion for Allison boats, his need for fun with everyone, speed and his need for running an Allison no matter what. He even went as far as using Pig Putty to hold his engine repairs together so he could run his Allison.

T-REX would like to restore this boat and trailer in Red with XBuddawg on the side and the deck for a memorial for the names of our lost brothers in our sport. The boat will be used at our rallies and hopefully for the American Flag Carrying boat at race events.

Mike needs some help doing all of this with monetary donations, OMC parts (Buddy loved the OMC's), and restoration of the trailer.

More information will come soon from Mike on the need's in making this happen.

God bless Buddy and all of our fallen boating brothers.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
That's going to be a great tribute to ol Buddawg...He will be lookin down and smilin. Thanks Kev for letting us know and keeping us up on the progress, where to send donations, etc.

K

Kevin from FL

Update,

We aren't looking to make this boat a speed or drag boat. Mike has an eye on an OMC 75 Stinger with a short shaft to go on it.

We also need to discuss passing the boat on to someone in case something happens to Mike. This boat is a memorial to BuddDawg and all fallen racers and can not be sold for profit or for any other reason.

GotMyAlly

That sounds like a great idea and I'd love to help out any way possible. Just let us know what we can do....

Leigh

I think this is a great way to remember Buddy and others. Most of us that have been around fast boats or boat racing know someone we have lost. Jeff and I would like get involved with this project. As some of all know we lost Jeff "Bubba" Sisco a few years back in a motorcycle accident. He was one of Jaco's drivers, he is Scott "Chigger" Sisco's brother. He was very involved in round track boat and distance boat racing. Like Buddy, Bubba was happiest flying down the river getting everything out of a boat that was there to get.

Last edited:

T-REX

Lil update...Tha Stinger mota fell thru tha cracks, az tha guy went from give'in it to me, to want'in a fortune for it...So, tha power iz back in tha air....Before Buddy's death, we discussed tha deel ov gitt'in him back on tha water with a mercury, kuz I wuz gunna build him a 2.0, kuz I had a few...He wuz game, Soooo, I may just continue wit that promise...

I have a lot ov 2.0 parts, but will probablly need a few to make it like I want it...I have a project on the board to replace my 15" mid on my laser with a 10" homade mid, so the 15 will wind up on the lil Abote, but how soon depends on how soon I git my project dun...The bote iz a long way from bein ready for power so I have a while to shuffel thru ideers...My original plans were to contact DSRA and ODBA to aquire about use'in Buddy's boat to carry the flag at the pre race cermoniez, but thoze plans have changed also...I decided not to participate in any sanctioned, organized race'in any more, so after talk'in to mutual friend's ov Buddies, and discuss'in tha fact that Buddies feel'inz were tha same az mine, I have decided to juss make the bote avalible for the gather'inz, ralley's etc...The Bote will still carry tha names ov our passed racers, because they were a part ov this boating family, and enjoyed tha ralleyz az much az anybody...

This will NOT be a race bote, but a memorial to Buddy, az well az our other passed brothers, kuz I know Buddy would be proud to have thier names on HIZ bote...I juss wanted to clerify tha intent for this lil bote, because I've had several calls, and emails about tha entended class I wuz use'in it for...NO RACE'IN....at leest class race'in...smack'in a lil but on tha river iz sumpth'in buddy would sholy enjoy!!!

I will post sum pics az I go...It iz not gunna be a quick project, nor is it a #1 priority project for me rite now...I want to finish my car before I jump on tha lil bote wit both feet....Thankz fer ya'llz intrest, and I'm sho I will be need'in sum ov U A-bote boyz experteese in tha future...REX

baitcaster

T-Rex, I live close to you and would be willing to work on the rig with you - I think its a great idea. (Note: I am the one with the Black & White Alli and been to you camp by the prop stop - Roy)

Send me an e-mail or PM on how I can help.

T-REX

Nuther Update on tha "XBuddawg2002" 16' Abote.....

Heerz wher I iz, and my planz at this time....I am also open to suggestions that may further this lil project, and make it a lasting deel....

Inside ov the bote iz glassed in, floor, sides etc, back to transom...Transom iz nex...Hull and deck iz ruff sanded and most cracks and holes repaired...

Mota.......I aquired a 200 venom wit a bad hole, so wit the V-6 looper bein too heavy for tha lil bote, I have made a verbal deel to swap the looper, for a fresh V-4 for power!!...I'm not look'in for all out performance, but dependability and sumpth'in tha is presentable....I'm not reel familiar wit tha Xflows, so this part iz kinna on sumbody else...

Needs.....This iz wher volenteer help kum'z in...This iz a list ov stuff that it will take to finish the project that I don't have...I will eventually kum up wit it, but sumeone may have sum of this lay'in around, and if donated, it would sho help me on tha financial end ov this project...I'm not rich, juss good look'in!!!.....

Steer'in.....Tach/wpguage/ or what ever instraments I recieve, I will put in....I have 20" mid, but would prefer a 15"....Lower unit?????......Paint and primer, I have purchased the glass and cloth, but will need a gallon(maybe 2) of epoxy primer(color don't matter) thinner, and a gallon ov RED paint...Paint needs to be the red that Darris uses, or sumpth'in close...also kan be single stage or base cote cleer...if B/C will need gallon ov cleer...I have the white and flakes...I also have 2 Abote seets(copys) but need covers....I have 10gallon fuel cell for it....Also will need bilge pump....

If anyone see'z sumpth'in I have over looked, feel free to put it up...

Trailer is a galvanized, and in good shape...It needs boards and carpet and I have sum aluminium wheels for it, and I may paint it(over the galvanize) juss ain't made up my mind yet...

Juss email me @ T-REX@byuboyz.com , or call my cell, 1-225-247-2243 if ya have sumpth'in U have to donate to this project...

Maybe Buddy didn't live long enuff to finish hiz lil project, but wit U guyz help maybe we kan finish it and keep Buddy, az well az our other passed boat'in bruthers, memory a lil fresher....Thankz, REX

baitcaster

T-REX, I said it before, give me a call, I got a few things left over from some of my restorations and will give you a hand - PM or call me when needed!

T-REX

Thankz Roy, I got ya message, an ya number, I juss ain't got around to holler'in at ya...been hektik around here....Stop by tha shop if'in ya over this way, I'm usually here...

T-REX

OK, Lil update(beinz I ain't been keep'in ya'll updated....

Have gather'd sum stuff from tha guyz on tha BYB's site...Got a foot throttle, cables fer tha Johnnyrude, guages, battery tray....Have promises for steer'in, paint, and transom replacement..........Have PDiddy wait'in in tha wind for the word to build tha mota....

I will be pick'in up tha trailer this weekend...Laketrash haz had it refurbished, powdercoated, new bunks, and LED lights!!!...I have a trailer wit new tires, I will take those tires and put them on sum Aluminium wheels I have.....

Tha transom haz been tha hold up, az Plumcrazy haz Volenteer'd to do it, but he haz to finish hiz shop first...Altho, after I finish a neer completed project, I will start on the transom myself to speed up the project!!...I have baught sum composit material for my Lil comp Laser, and I will use sum ov it for the transom on tha lil hooker!!...

Anybody with sum extra Epoxy primer lay'in around, sand paper, mask'in tape, etc and it'z in ya way, U kan send it to tha shop, I kin put it to use!!...

Any donations to this project will be duely noted on tha bote.....I would like to have it finished for the First DSRA race so it can carry the Flag to open tha race....

I also wanna have it at tha Hooker ralley....with or without me!!

EVEBODY HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!

T-REX

Went to Laketrash's this weekend for a Christmas dinner, and a lil git together ov fren'z, and to pick up tha Dawgs trailer...LT took on tha task ov refurbish'in tha trailer, and az usuall, he dun one hell ov a job!!!....He alwayz haz a nack fer make'in junk look good!!!....I bet if RA spent a week at LT's he would look betta...Ok, Maybe not!!!.........

Here iz a few pics.....Color ov tha trailer iz about tha same az tha lil bote will be....Bote progress iz fix'in ta pick also.....

I am gunna swap out tha wheels for a set ov aluminium ones, but even thoze lookd good!!

Attachments

T-REX

Boat left my shop on tha newly refurbished trailer yesterday, head'd for Houston, so Plum Crazy kan redo the transom...I baught sum composit material to use for a transom, so NO MORE TRANSOM REPLACEMENT!!!

Tha lil Xfo Vfo is being buildt az we speek...PDiddy will drop off tha cowl/mid and lower unit for me to paint...

What color would look best for tha mota???....Silver or white, or red???......It will have them "Dawg" flames on tha front ov tha mota cowl....

I have also recieved a Hydrolik steer'in setup from Todd, at Evalution marine for tha lil bote...I jus hope it will be drivable beinz tha steer'in ain't tha pro series...may have ta do sumpth'in differnt...

OK, ya'll iz up ta snuff!!!

T-REX

OK, Roy, the DAWG project will be at my shop kum thursday morn'in...Tha trip to Houston wuz kinna a dry run, az PC had too much goin on to spend the time needed to fix the lil boats transom...Fork'in crazy will be hang'in out at my place till the the boat iz painted(a long way to go)...So, your labor offer iz accepted, any time ya wanna kum!!

Now, I ain't got any kinna responce in quite a while from anybody cept Kevin and roy...Now, I ain't gunna ax anybody for money(I ain't a politician or a preacher) so ya'll suggestions are still free if dats that way ya want it....I ax'd opinion on motor color, wit no response...Iz ya'll got no opinions, or juss no interest??...Either iz kewl, kuz nobody iz obligated to responde in any way, but if'in no one haz any interest in this lil project, I will quit waste'in my time to update ya'll, and Yo time ta delete it, or not reed it...Not try'in ta be an azzhole(juss kumz natural I quess) but I juss feel I'm talk'in to an empty room....

Ya'll up to snuff agin az ov today

pops

Rex If you hydrolik steerin don't work out I have the dual ride glide I took out of my 2003. Everything but the cables. If you need it give me a shout.