Booking Information-Osprey Pointe Marina

etnprop

I think I finally have it all together.... our hosts for the Knoxville Rally will be Osprey Pointe Marina on Watts Bar Lake. For those of you famillar with Watts Bar and the area this is the former Euchee Marina - they recently changed names. The marina is about 20 minutes from I-40 / Kingston, TN and also about 20 minutes from I-75 for those coming from the south. Their facilities include a small hotel, floating and land cabins, restaurant and marina. All of the accomodations are on the water and they have a 40X80 pavillion on the water that we can use as well. Across the river is Sand Island with a large sandy beach for hanging out and there are various on the water bars and restaurants nearby as well.

Check it all out at ospreypointemarina.com then call Denise or Tammy at (423) 334-1004 to book your rooms. PLEASE book ASAP as the facility is small and they will fill up early. Tell them you are with Allison Owners Group for a 10% group discount rate on rooms. Reservations can be cancelled up to a week in advance so again please book early to make sure we lock in the rooms we need.

The official dates are June 16, 17, and 18 (thurs/fri/sat) but for those of you considering a longer stay I encourage you to come early - the facility is so relaxing and convenient for boaters I promise you will have a great week. The Tennessee River will be beautiful and the fishing will be really good as well (Ben and some of our other locals will be happy to share enough "secrets" to get you started I'm sure).

For those of you that haven't been to the area in a while we invite you to come back and visit - should be a great time.

If you have questions or need any additional information please let me know.

Joe Harrell (865) 673-8171

Last edited:

john4utvols

Joe that looks like a nice place. I remember going there I believe it was the 07 rally year I really liked it better than down by the dam !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

etnprop

yep - same neighborhood as 07. Lots of on the water places to visit nearby and beach is across the lake from the marina...should be fun.

Allyfishing

Booked our room today!! Monday thru Sunday!! I want to hit the Allison factory on tuesday to see if they can fix a nasty gouge on the gunnel.

the cabins on the water sounded really neat but I'll save some money on a lodge room for gas, oil, beer and food...and not necessarily in that order.

Do ya want me to bring the beer???

Alli-drenaline Rush

Booked our room today!! Monday thru Sunday!! I want to hit the Allison factory on tuesday to see if they can fix a nasty gouge on the gunnel.

the cabins on the water sounded really neat but I'll save some money on a lodge room for gas, oil, beer and food...and not necessarily in that order.

Do ya want me to bring the beer???
Cool! We'll be there later in the day Thursday.... son's birthday Wednesday, then high-tail it to TN....

I like beer!

biller31

Ate dinner at the Euchee Restaurant last night it was excellent! Giant Smallmouth being caught on Watts Bar right now. Its gonna be fun!

Allyfishing

Ben, being a Yank and not having much experience with Southern lakes and rivers, what are the characteristics of Watts Bar? Meaning like weed bed fishing if there are any then that's a no brainer, strictly ledge fishing, water clarity, types of structures, what...??
Thanks

Allyfishing

:laughing Not a problem there....my mom makes the best Blueberry crumb pie in the world. she know what's coming up when she hears the wife and I are making a trip to Sam's or BJ's. For some reason those two places have the best blueberries I have ever eaten. Her pecan pie aint too shabby either.

Thanks for the tip Roy!!

Ohhhh Bennnnnn!!

suicidealli

you bring blueberry pie, been will sure eat some. but your going to need some liquid apple pie!!!!! the kind that comes in a mason jar, for fishin tips......LMAO!!!!

roy

Allyfishing

That's easy too....Last year a few of the local fellas stopped by the hotel with a few jars and the wife liked them so much she bought a few. They're still in the freezer, I'll have to bring them along. And I think one of them is apple pie!! That one was reallll goooood. :big grin

biller31

Craig, I can show you eaier than I can tell you. Plus since you aint from here and I don;t have to compete against you on Saturdays I may even take to some places that I haven't showed anybody in a LONG time. Wear a wrist brace! Pie will be consumed! Lucky me I got a family member dock on every cove going up the right side of the lake. If I need to I'll just tie up and go in the house.

Allyfishing

Ben, I searched the internet one evening for a long time on bass fishing on Watt's Bar and only found that it's good. But I only found one site that actually described some of the types of structure to look for while searching for bass. It did mention weed beds, stumps, laydowns etc. so that helped alot. I feel right at home fishing weed lines.

Like Cherokee last year, I felt lost at first cuz I couldn't find things I've fished before. Then I found an area with a whole lot of wood in the back end. There was a tourny going on that day in the AM and I wanted to get back in there and I watched 2 boats go thru there and strike out. I figured "oh well" I'll give it a try anyway so I went thru the area and caught a few in the 2LB range and lost a few.

Now I gotta figure out how to transport and keep blueberry & apple pies fresh for a few days!! Unless you don't mind the liquid varieties!!

Allyfishing

Well, it looks like we're getting desert covered!!

Richard....."baked" as in back woods style?? :big grin