Bling on your Alli??

baitcaster

Ran into a major issue this afternoon.

Finally had the opportunity to install the speakers JBL 6200s. Really liked the looks and specs.

After mounting the left side rear speaker with no issues, I moved onto the right side speaker, of course I ran out of sander disks, and broke a collet so off to wally world. After returning I finished the cut, speaker fit fine, when I reied to install the lower rear seat guess what.....the *&%$ wouldn't fit.

I am left no with a choice to modify the lower sear 1/2 or so on each side to account for the speakers or roll the dice on another set of speakers that are flush mointed.

Had to drain a couple of cold ones to take the sting off, man I hate cutting fiberglass. Will post pictures and mods once I decide just what to do.
Man I know the feeling, that side thing is why I went w/5" speakers rather than the 6 or 6.5 norm. I am sure it will work out OK. Post some pics, maybe someone has some advice if it didn't come out like you wanted.

Wipper, I know what you mean, but right now, I am just trying to get mine back together, but I am replacing the jack plate (been ordered) and am moving to a manual 14" set back w/a one piece unit. I also up-ed the HP on the motor a little (needed that like a hole in the head :banghead), but I started the process before my accident. I ripped the carpet out of the cockpit to fill in the screw holes for the seats and will need to get some new carpet and a passenger mounting ped. before re-mounting the seats. I also have a new trailer on the way - hopefully it will be in soon.

amosXB03

Got the rear seat back in, had to take apart the sides of the rear seat, and cut 1/2 inch off both sides, sand the edges smooth, trim the padding a little and re-staple. The JBLs better put out or I will be a little disaponted, after all of that. When I decide to get the seat covers done in a couple of years I will let them customize the fit.

Anyway here are a few photos. Front speakers tomorrow, any areas I should avoid?

Attachments